Is your cat happy with Litter Kwitter? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 04:33 AM Thread Starter
Yum

Is your cat happy with Litter Kwitter?

I've just got the Litter Kwitter for my cat. This may be a silly question but I'm wondering if my cat can happily give up her litter with sand.

I'm already convinced that many cats can be successfully trained with the Litter Kwitter. But I'm wondering if I'm going to take my cat's joy of digging sand away since my cat seems to have strong passion (or instinct?) in taking care of her business in the litter box.
Will she also have to face the fear of water everytime her need comes up?

Or I'm just being silly & she will get used to her new custom..?

If it's not a huge stress for her, the idea of her using a human toilet is very attractive!!

Opinions from those who have already tried the Litter Kwitter will be appreciated.

Thanx!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 01:49 PM
Newborn Pup

I did a homemade version of litter kwitter with my cat Vincent. He did well until it was just the last rim of cardboard and started having accidents. He really liked playing in his litter and there was almost no litter on the rim at that point. I think he could have been trained completely and been happy about it if I had backtracked, but we didn't continue. He transferred back to the box with no problems though.
I'm thinking of trying again soon, but I want to use up most of my remaining litter so I don't have extra around for him to find and tempt him. The training always seemed a bit more stressful for me than for him. Good luck with your training!

Tags
cat, litter, litter kwitter