Is your cat a scardy cat? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Is your cat a scardy cat?

Hello everyone, I just wanted to make some small talk about our fluffy animals that we have. I have noticed since we have gotten Tiger that he seems to be scared of alot of different things. For example when we first got him he used to be scared of Randall and I. Not anymore, but, the one thing that I find absolutely hilarious is the fact that he is scared of our rats(Jack & Annie), and the really funny thing about it was the fact that Tiger is like 3-4 times their size. We have let them encouter each other, and while we have done this we have a baby gate that we put up that the rats can get to incase they get scared and can go to another part of the house, and, since they are still small they can go under the couch and hide. Well, Jack dosn't seem to be scared of ANYTHING so he went straight for meeting Tiger. Jack would go up to Tiger and try to smell him, but, Tiger would be looking at him and slowly back up from him. Its so cute. We were letting Tiger and Jack play and they were actully playing. It was one of the cutest things I have ever seen. So today he dosn't seem as scared of them as he was. He was jumping around them, chasing them, smelling them and he would even tap at them with his paw and they would come and chase Tiger. It was so funny & cute. What are your cats scared of? Or if they are not, how did they over come the fear?

Britany.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proud USMC Wife.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proud mommie of 2 dogs & Some Fish.
American Bulldog : Chesty.
Chihuahua/Terrier Mix : Beethoven.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I think Tiger will come around with time. My cat Scout is VERY shy and has come around a lot...he used to be scared of everything and every little movement.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 10:10 PM
RAT ADDICT

My girls are not afraid of anything it seems.
And even when I first got them they were not too scared.They were just stressed.
You know how alot of kittens will jump really high if something scares them? My girls don't do that.

The male I had though was afraid of everything and disliked everyone and everything.He hid under the couch 24/7.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Hello Earthling

Amadeus is pretty fearless. When we first brought him home (before adopting him) he was a little scared of the dogs but he warmed up to his new fur family in a matter of mintues. He plays with Kibbles and he attacks and hits Kiwi a lot (poor old girl).

He is scared of the vaccum as most pets are, but other wise he is fearless.

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 10:18 PM
RAT ADDICT

There! You reminded me.I forgot!

My girls USED to be afraid of the vacumn.
But after some time,they realized it was not that scary and are no longer afraid of it.They USED to be afraid of the broom too.But not anymore.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 08:04 AM
Part of the Pack

Our cats sylvester and bella are very scared of people but not me and my fiance. They were both abused in the past by people. As soon as anyone new comes into the house sylvester runs and hides either in the bathtub or in my room to get away from people. When my fiance lived with his half brother and his ex-girlfriend he would leave sylvester in the room and she would come up because she didnt like that fact that he wanted to get out of the room for a bit and meowed and made noise so she would go into the room and probably smack him(because when they were still together when she came over he would run and not come out for a good 2 days) bella is the same way but with only males though she has gotten into attacking me now though as well as our cat ava. Ava(our newest cat) is a spunky little girl that still ignores people sometimes but isnt as bad as sylvester and bella.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Wow. Seems that all the kittys get acustom to things they are scared of. Tiger is scared of the vaccume. I think its funny. If I'm having a bad day, Tiger always seems to make me laugh when something scares him.

Britany.

Proud USMC Wife.
Proud mommie of 2 dogs & Some Fish.
American Bulldog : Chesty.
Chihuahua/Terrier Mix : Beethoven.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 12:46 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Our cat was first so scared with loud noises such thunderstorm and fireworks, one time I have to hold him to the window to watch the fireworks and he just stare at them. Now Waffle ignore loud sounds, even with my brother's sound trip.

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Newborn Pup

My alley cat

Hi,
When I adopted Isis our Russian Blue cat, the shelter told us she was a pretty rough part of our city and that she just ten kittens. She seemed like a very stressed kitty and very shy b/c of her past experience. Eventually she would come around and was very loving, although she was a more melancholy cat than our Pepper
and more afraid of stuff like loud noises and sudden movements
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 11:42 AM
http://simplyhomemade.org

We have one scardy cat. When we moved into our new house she hid for 2 days under a sink and it took forever to find her. She refuses to go out into the pet enclosure we built for the cats and any noise will send her into a frenzy.

-
-
-
-

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 03:19 AM
Part of the Pack

I have two cats and one of them is scared of every thing (runs and hides as soon as the front door is opened), but then again she is a tortoiseshell and they are well known for being skittish... that of which she is.

R h a p s o d y -
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 10:07 AM
Part of the Pack

I know, this thread is old, but since it's active again, I'll go ahead and post!

Rhapsody, we had a Tortie also, and she was definately terrified of anyone other than us. I've heard that, too, about them.

My Lucy is scared to go out in the yard if the neighbor's 2 dogs are out. I call them "the Pipsqueeks" cause they're so tiny! They're miniature Dobermans and cute as can be. Lucy's bigger than the both of them put together, but still....
She's also terrified of storms. Funny story...last year we had a tornado warning and I put the cats in the bathroom with me, just in case. Now everytime it storms, Lucy automatically goes to the bathroom behind the toilet! Is that smart, or what?

~Amy~ Mom to Lucy

Forever in our hearts...
Mina, Psyche, Puff, Bootsy, Tommy, Sooner, Quinnie, and Lucky.

~and last but not least, my bunbun Roger~
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 08:59 AM
Newborn Pup

Our Oriental boy Gandalf is very confident, and sometimes he's quite a bully. But he's scared stupid of the hoover. He even avoids a broom just in case.
Our adult Siamese girl Pandora is both jumpy and easily scared. The young one Amy can be jumpy. But she's generally confident. Though it's funny when they both jump a mile.
Luthien in the avatar was cool and calm, no nerves at all. She was wonderful.

My mother's cats are afraid of the new scratching bord she put on the wall for them. How about that?
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 01:49 AM
Playful Pup

Haha, No worries. Just takes some time!

My cat lived for 21 years and for my whole life so far she was always scared of kittens! She would run away from kittens! Older cats she would either face off or pee everywhere but never run away lol. She was also afraid of my dog at first but after a couple of years she would sleep with her cuddled up. I used to find her so often under a table or cornered by the dog cause she wanted to play! haha!

Don't loose hope! Our furry friends are here!
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

mo is afraid when he sees his reflection in the mirror its cute that he runs at it but when he gets close he freaks out.

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous

Tags
scared