Zodiac Spot Treatment - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Zodiac Spot Treatment

Beware of this spot treatment... I took my cats to Petco to get flea baths... 2 days and $1100+ later I have two recuperating semi-sick cats.

This stuff intoxicated both of my pets. It gave my female cat a seizure and she is still suffering from tremors. She's spatially unaware (misses when she jumps off things, doesn't land on her feet, runs and walks funny), and keeps scratching at the point where the treatment was placed even though she was already bathed to get rid of it.

The male didn't get as bad. He just had really bad tremors and isn't suffering from the same after effects. Both of their appetites are still pretty good.

Just thought I would let people know and learn from my mistakes..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Betta Bomb

Wow, I'm sorry to hear. Is there any way you can sue Petco? They harmed your cats and charged you up the butt!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 07:34 PM
It's all for them

Yes, Zodiac, Hartz, Sargents, they are all highly toxic to animals, especially cats. I just don't understand how this stuff stays on the market.

All paws crossed your two dear ones will be okay. Thanks for taking the time to post.

For general info: always use Advantage, frontline or revolution (stronghold in Europe) products only on your pets, and to be extra sure and safe, buy the products at your vet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Well the $1100 was from the emergency hospital I had to take them to at 4am but the flea baths ran up to $160. I'm definitely trying to get something out of it because it just wasn't fair to them, but they do make me sign papers and waivers before they take the pets so I don't know how much of a case I really have. I'll definitely be trying though.

Tags
spot treatment