*BIG SIGH* I thought the Olympics was high.... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

*BIG SIGH* I thought the Olympics was high....

I REALLY want to attend the Pebbel Beach Classic this year in Southern California. I'm going to start jumping higher with Dartanion and.... let's face it the shows here are no longer a challenge..... Pebble Beach is 280miles from me and about a 4hour+ drive.... The show I wish to attend is in May for two days. So I'm HOPING if I save as much money as I can from now till then MAYBE I can go... So far it looks like gas alone will be over $900.00 just going there that is NOT coming back. I'm going to do my best to try and get a sponsor from anyone and everyone and save 1/2 of my pay form my two jobs and MAYBE I can afford it.... if anyone has any suggestions please tell me I'm also going to see if anyone will higher me to do other things... pretty much anything .

My Kids:6
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 5
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 03:34 AM

Hi, Fae. I had no idea that it cost so much to show a horse. That is alot of money in gas alone. Where do you stay when you show your horse? Does your horse trailer have a place in it that you stay? I know that some of the horse trailers are pretty fancy now-a-days. I wish you the best of luck in finding sponsors. I know that if it is meant to happen, you will find a way. Keep up your faith. Remember what we talked about? You go girl!

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 12:30 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I'm not sure how you came up with your estimate for gas money, but according to my calculations, gas should cost less than $300 for your round trip.....and that's calculating towing a trailer and only getting 10 miles per gallon which is incredibly low....but I wanted to look at worse case scenario for ya. Worst case scenario, gas is $4 a gallon and your vehicle (towing a trailer) would only get 10 mpg.....that equals $224 round trip for gas...and remember, that's figuring bad gas mileage and higher gas prices so your actual cost for gas will probably be less.

Rhonda

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Well gas here is $3.09 a gallon and it's a 200+ mile trip there and then comeing back over 400 miles. It takes me a tank of gas to drive 45 minutes away then I have to fill up and come back. I'd love to be wrong though so I hope I am!!! LOL

Charlene - I usually sleep in a hotel or else I'll sleep in the back or the truck under the camper or else I will sleep near my horses stall .

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 02:21 PM

If you can only drive 45 minutes (approximately 45 miles?) on a full tank of gas then you really should take your vehicle in for a tune up and check for leaks in your gas tank. Something is seriously wrong with your vehicle.

I hope you get it fixed so that you can go to the horse show. Really, gas should only cost you around $200 ROUND TRIP. It would be worth it to get your vehicle checked out and fixed.....even if you decide you can't go to the show.

Rhonda

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlette View Post
If you can only drive 45 minutes (approximately 45 miles?) on a full tank of gas then you really should take your vehicle in for a tune up and check for leaks in your gas tank. Something is seriously wrong with your vehicle.

I hope you get it fixed so that you can go to the horse show. Really, gas should only cost you around $200 ROUND TRIP. It would be worth it to get your vehicle checked out and fixed.....even if you decide you can't go to the show.

I could probably be off a little but driving from here to Santa Rosa (about 4 hours) cost about $800.00 round trip with our trailer. WITHOUT the trailer MIGHT have been a little over $100.00 though, my price guess is jut taking the trailer in mind. I would be more than happy to be wrong though

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 10:21 AM

Here's how I figured:

280 miles one way = 560 miles round trip
If your truck gets 10 mpg hauling a trailer (which is very low gas mileage) you would use approximately 56 gallons of gas.

If gas is currently $3.09 a gallon right now that = $173.04

Even if your vehicle only gets 5 mpg (which is REALLY REALLY bad gas mileage) that equals $346.08

Not to sound snotty here, but I guess I'm really confused as to where you're coming up with $800 for gas alone. .

I would really like to see you go to that show and I'm just trying to point out that I don't think gas is going to cost as much as you might think.

Rhonda

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlette View Post
Here's how I figured:

280 miles one way = 560 miles round trip
If your truck gets 10 mpg hauling a trailer (which is very low gas mileage) you would use approximately 56 gallons of gas.

If gas is currently $3.09 a gallon right now that = $173.04

Even if your vehicle only gets 5 mpg (which is REALLY REALLY bad gas mileage) that equals $346.08

Not to sound snotty here, but I guess I'm really confused as to where you're coming up with $800 for gas alone. .

I would really like to see you go to that show and I'm just trying to point out that I don't think gas is going to cost as much as you might think.
I must have calculated something wrong then *scratches head* Oh... I guess it was my calc. I did the same numbers as you did and it magically got $1734.00 It might come a little over those numbers though thinking about driveing from the hotel to the barn (Unless I can stay there) then driving to get food and fuel up. Probably wont even add $20.00 to the over all price but maybe that some how got played into that?

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance