Photos! 3 Videos of My Horse, "Missy" ~ Shoshines Hotsox - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

Talking 3 Videos of My Horse, "Missy" ~ Shoshines Hotsox

This last Sunday, I decided to have a girl that does some training, help me with Missy and her cantering. I can't get Missy into a canter because of my fear of cantering because the last time I was on a horse (not Missy), I was bucked off and got a concussion. That was over a year ago. It didn't go well, Missy was a nervous wreck and I think it is because she is used to me riding her. It was torture for both of us! I will never let anyone on her again. But, I thought I would let you see the videos of her anyway. She is my beautiful girl.

(This is not me riding in the video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW7clA0OQUE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8gAluuHpYc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ycj03p2fng

After her lesson, she was soaked from being so nervous so we went for a long 2 1/2 hour leisurly walk to just relax ~ and that we BOTH did. It was awesome! She is just such a good horse. She pranced so pretty and walked so calm for me. We found the most beautiful apple orchard we were given access to that is private property to ride in. Nothing but beautiful autumn colored leaves, chirping birds and a calm breeze to ride in - and miles and miles of it!!! So, when I got back to the barn, I thought she was cooled down, right? WRONG! She was SOAKED! Just like I had ridden her through a river. And, it was getting dark. I quickly brushed her out and threw a blanket on her and ran her up to my barn owner's house asking for help. We took off the blanket and guess what? That blanket was soaked through. Panic started to run through me and my barn owner could see it. She was gracious enough to help me. It took us an hour to rub her down, and she was still wet. I borrowed another blanket, because my other blankets were stupidly at my house and we turned Missy out. Thank God, so far, she is o.k. What a day. I'll know better next time!

Last edited by MzKityLvsBrdsTo; 11-13-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 12:59 PM
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Sorry hun that you had a stressful time with her!
She loves you and only you i bet! she is so stunning i wish i lived near so i could vist her ive only ever rode a horse about 3 times and havnt seen a horse up close in YEARS!
You are very lucky
Loves ya xoxox

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 01:36 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Missy is beautiful as always :0) But all I want to say on the trainers part..If what kind of Trainer wears tennis shoes to train someone's hore? And her feet were falling out of the stirrups and all over the place...

<3My "Fur" Kids<3
*Rascal, Avalanche: Doggy's*
~Dixon Chance: Cat~
<>Fortora Farms Grey Arrow: Mini Colt<>

Tags
horse cantering, shoshines hotsox