Anybody get any new horses lately? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2007, 02:55 AM Thread Starter

Talking Anybody get any new horses lately?

Has anyone gotten a new horse lately? I need some "horsey" talk. Hee hee! I keep waiting for NiNo to log back on to update on those new horses and I haven't heard anything. I just love hearing new stories about someone getting a new horse. I got a new horse last month and it was pretty exciting, but I haven't run into many people to talk with about horses. I have another mare who has a colt who just turned 3 months old this August 11th and can you believe she is already trying to wean him?! He is one big boy though, I can't blame her. He looks like he could easily be a six month old colt! He is one beauty. He is eating and drinking on his own and just loves carrots. When he sees me coming, he knows that I have carrots! All my horses are wonderful, when they see me, they all raise their heads, whinny and come running! I'm no dummy, though, it's the carrots they like! hee hee. I am going to take more pictures this week and will post some soon!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2007, 01:05 PM
RAT ADDICT

Guess nobody has gotten any new horses.I love them,but don't get to spend alot of time with them.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2007, 06:05 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I haven't gotten any new ones but I have one for sale!

Rhonda

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2007, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Scarlette, Which horse do you have for sale?

I'm all done buying horses for now, but am always interested in what is out there. Do you have a picture of the horse that you have for sale? Is it a mare or gelding, trained or not? Let us know. Thanks.

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 11:57 AM

Paige is an 8 year old registered Appaloosa mare and my cousin is training her for me.

Rhonda

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

She is pretty, Scarlette. Is this the one that you are selling? If so, how come you are selling her?

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-26-2007, 07:04 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

We're always getting new horses in..But they never stay long enough to get any pics or anything.

<3My "Fur" Kids<3
*Rascal, Avalanche: Doggy's*
~Dixon Chance: Cat~
<>Fortora Farms Grey Arrow: Mini Colt<>
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-26-2007, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzKityLvsBrdsTo View Post
She is pretty, Scarlette. Is this the one that you are selling? If so, how come you are selling her?
I have been wanting to sell her for years but haven't really made an effort to do it. Everytime I go to put an ad in the paper I see her out in the field and change my mind.

Rhonda

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-26-2007, 11:18 PM
RAT ADDICT

She's beautiful Scarlette!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-26-2007, 11:54 PM

Thanks!

Rhonda

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 09:12 AM
Playful Pup

Hmm, we should have had a phone call last week, but we didn't.

I have asked my dad about it today, and he said he'd try and phone to find out.

I have a feeling that a family friend doesn't want us to have them, because some of them have things wrong with them (COPD and other things) But one of my mares have COPD, and we have managed to keep it under control, I havn't heard her cough for months. Even if there were a few that had something wrong with them, I could give them to HAPPA, so that they would have a better home.

I told my dad that it's ideal if we have these horses, because I could then put my mare Chase, and Fenda's Filly called Breeze, out with all those horses, to wean Breeze from Fenda.

I will definetly let you all know though And I will get pictures.

Another thing, we are thinking about getting another Andalusian stallion... I found a dun Andalusian the other day, he's stunning, between 10,000 and 20,000 Euro's. But my mum's working on my dad with that, poor guy lol.

~ Tralissa Andalusians Stud ~

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I know this is old but I am in the process of selling my mare and once I sell her we're looking into buying another show horse. I have my eye on a 16.2H Dapple Grey paint gelding about 20 miles from here. I believe they want $6,000 for him but we can get them to go lower hehe

My Kids:6
, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 04:44 PM
Newborn Pup

I am picking up our first ever pony tomorrow. Her name is Honey, she is 37 years old and blind. Her family decided when she went blind they could no longer take care of her so she is coming to us. I am really excited but a little nervous, we want to make sure we take really good care of her and make her ending years comfortable. I'll keep you up dated.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

laturcotte, You are wonderful!!!! Wow, 37 years old. That is incredible. I can't wait to hear more. Please be sure to include pictures, we here at Paw Talk thrive on Pictures. Best wishes and congrats on the new pony!

Last edited by MzKityLvsBrdsTo; 11-24-2007 at 10:43 PM. Reason: smilie didn't work