Anyone have and Andalusian horse? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
What the shell! :)

Anyone have and Andalusian horse?

Does anyone on here own or know someone who owns an Andalusian horse? I love those horses and the info that I could get is about the breed and that they are very expensive. If anyone knows I would like to know any first hand experience someone has with these horses. Thanks a bunch! I put a picture below because I think they are just gorgeous.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg andalusian.jpg (27.6 KB, 22 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
our lil family
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Mr & Mrs

& Maggie-the dogs

& Cleo - the cats

sushi & Fuji - the rats
...and the turtles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 09:55 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I don't know of anyone who has one, but I agree, they are gorgeous!

Rhonda

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I only have Quarter Horses. And I don't know anyone who has them..But they are beautiful.

<3My "Fur" Kids<3
*Rascal, Avalanche: Doggy's*
~Dixon Chance: Cat~
<>Fortora Farms Grey Arrow: Mini Colt<>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 10:51 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

IALHA - International Andalusian & Lusitano Horse Association

Andalusian horse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Andalusian Home Page

You can try emailing someone at one of these links for more info.

Rhonda

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 02:43 PM
The Title Fairy Was Here

sorry i don't no anyone with them but they are lovely

Come see more of my fur babies at
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 02:41 AM

They are really pretty. Good luck in your search.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 09:16 PM

A lady I know has an Andalusian and she was selling hers because she didn't have enough time to look after it with all her other horses, and I was thinking of buying it but I didn't unfortunatly. Last year at the Nowra show I was being a steward in the horse judging and the judge I was with was judging a couple of Andalusians, they were so beautiful, they came from the Andaluian Stud in Worrige, but of course you kinda can't see these ones unless you come to Australia but they sell them between $5000 + when I was looking the most expensive one they had was a stallion for sale for $25000. But I've seen on Horse Deals Andalusians for more then that.

KInd Regards Rhiannon
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 09:20 PM
RAT ADDICT

Beautiful animals!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 12:00 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

sorry

My best friend LOVES them and would give her right arm for one lol. Me and her look on this site a lot while horse shopping or horse dreaming/drooling lol. These are some expensive babies .

BAEN Classified Ads

My Kids:6
, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 04:42 AM

I love Andalusians and have been fighting with myself for some years not to go hunting one down to buy. I have just got my mare Bonnie back after thinking I could never have a horse again, and she will suit me fine. I'm taking her to stud, to a Welsh stallion, she is half Welsh herself and produced a fantastic daughter to a Welsh stallion before.
If you can't afford an Andalusian, check out the Welsh cobs, section 'D', they are smaller but every bit as classy and move like a dream.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 02:12 PM

yes They are very pretty horses!
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 11:35 AM

Andalusians

Hi, I had an Andalusian horse called 'Novato' he was spanish classical trained, he did spanish walk and trot, Piaffe, passage, canter piroett. he was n absolute gentleman with my kids, and I dont think I have ever been on a horse that could shift as much as him, I dont think I could get any other breed again. what did you want to know ?
Donna
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
What the shell! :)

I just really like the breed of horse and someday would like to have one, just curious to see how many people actually have one, and their experience, because I hear they are very expensive horses and no one around where i live has them, the closest is about 3 hours away. But thanks for sharing!!!

our lil family

The Mr & Mrs

& Maggie-the dogs

& Cleo - the cats

sushi & Fuji - the rats
...and the turtles
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 02:21 AM
RAT ADDICT

They are expensive!
I am looking at horse ads online and the andalusians range in price from $9,000 - $30,000!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Playful Pup

Yeah, I own 3 and a part bred andalusian filly.

Me and my mum run a small Andalusian stud farm called "Tralissa Andalusians".

Such great horses, so kind and loyal.

I have no problems with mine what so ever, and my stallion is lovely, he doesn't have any stallion habits at all, and you forget he's a stallion while riding. He will ride out with the mares, side by side.

Yes, they are very exspensive though.

We put our andalusin mare in foal, so hopefully she's taken, and we should have another next year. Then we are thinking about buying a bay Andalusian, because greys seem to get really dirty down here, they just love the mud, haha.

They are such gentle horses, and really, I think their one of the best breeds out there. I go to a huge Andalusian show every year (This year was cancelled due to flooding) and being around them... It's just un-explainable.

Their magical, to me and my mum anyway

~ Tralissa Andalusians Stud ~