Brindle color horse - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2003, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Brindle color horse

Has anyone seen any this color?
We had a guy come in for shots and coggins test the other day and he had one.She is about 2 years old.
Of course I had to m,ake her mad when I gave her a West nle shot.She was really ticked when the vet came to draw blood.
Anyway I told the guy if he ever decided to sell her give me first shot at her.
I saw him today and he said he was really thinking about selling her and gave me a price.She is so awesome looking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2003, 11:38 PM
Buttercup Apple-tush

My 9 month old colt is brindle colored. He was born dark gray.

chew-chew

Gizmo

Priscilla

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 05:43 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I would love to see a pic! Are you sure it's brindle and not dappled?

When I was big into showing my horses I saw a horse that I swear looked purple. I think she was a strawberry roan. Very cool horse! :cool:

Rhonda

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 05:53 AM
Princess in Waiting

I've never seen one but I bet she was a beauty. I had a horse for a while when I was young - she was a Bay. But she was as young and inexperienced as I was so we parted ways! Left me with bruises I'll never forget. I wish my arthritis wasn't so bad in my hips and knees - I'd love to go riding when we go on vacation....

Okay, day dreaming here. By all means show us a picture of that horse! And Runt, you know you have to show us a picture of yours when you get it!

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 05:55 AM Thread Starter
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Yes Scarlette she is brindle.Her coat is just like the coat of a brindle dog.I wish I would of had my camera at work.I am waiting for him to decide whether or not he wants to sell her.
I think this is one of the sites I ran across
http://www.equinecolor.com/unusual.html#brindle

Last edited by Runt; 07-22-2003 at 05:58 AM.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 06:02 AM Thread Starter
Resident Chatroom Blonde

We used to have horse too Critter when we were younger but hubby's job kept him away alot and it all got too much for me to handle along with my job and raising 2 kids.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 07:12 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I have never seen a brindle before. Thanks for the link! I have seen a few horses with zebra like stripes, but not with the brindle like striping. Very cool! I have seen a few bays with white lightning stripes on black or dark colored legs and that is pretty neat too.

I hope you are able to get the horse!!

Rhonda

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 04:47 PM
Newborn Pup

I love brindles. I have a friend who's mare is brindled, not heavilly though, and the mare's daughter is lightly brindled also. Our stud colt has just a little brinling on his hind end. Every one says his color will darken as he ages, got my fingers crossed.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 11:16 PM

Smile Brindle horses

Does anyone have a picture of a Brindle horse that they own?
How about any mares/fillies that someone might be selling?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 12:20 AM
Playful Pup

I have seen 1 or 2 brindles they are weird lookin but I like em

Owned By

Lola The Bunny, 2 standard poodles 1 toy poodle 1 chihuahua and Vandy the QH

*In loving memory of Bull's Eye, who crossed the rainbow bridge august 2002*

If Tears Could Build A Staircase,
And Memories a lane,
I'd Walk Right up to Heaven,
And Bring you home again.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 04:19 PM
Adolescent Pup

I have only seen pictures online of brindles. Very interesting page, that unusual colour page, though.

Miyabita Designs
Affordable, custom, hand-coded websites, plus graphics

Usagi no Tsukiyo
A well of rabbit information

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 07:51 PM
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

runt did you ever get the horse?
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 08:17 PM

Brindle horses

Long time searching I now have 3 brindles and the ONLY stallion in the WORLD to knowingly produces Brindle foals 75 % of the time !!
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-18-2004, 02:22 PM
Adolescent Pup

Wow! Congrats!

Miyabita Designs
Affordable, custom, hand-coded websites, plus graphics

Usagi no Tsukiyo
A well of rabbit information

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-18-2004, 02:42 PM

Thank You. I am very excited to have them and now hope to really be able to make some loud colored Brindle foals