Do you have a favorite horse breed? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-03-2004, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Cool Do you have a favorite horse breed?

~~its a given that we love them all but I do have a favorite. And when I have my own house and some property.... my hubby promised he'd get me one. (I have had horses before by the way two quarter horses Leo dapple grey and gidget palamino philly Story behind why we dont have them anymore )

Anyways my fave are Fresians

:blob4: Amber:blob4:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-03-2004, 08:51 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I like quarter horses. I used to have one named Sunday, she was a bay I believe, brown with black "points' and a white star. She was such a doll!

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-04-2004, 07:38 PM
Playful Pup

i like all draft breeds, but id have to say the shire - so magnificent!

~staravengergirl~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-04-2004, 07:43 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

My all time favorite is the Appaloosa. My dream horse would be a black Appaloosa with a white blanket with black spots, 4 white socks and a big white blaze. And of course this horse would be able to compete in any event and behave well. I would also love to have a loud colored black and white leopard Appy. I've had horses for 25 years now and have never had the colored horse of my dreams. Don't get me wrong, I've loved all the horses I've ever owned, just haven't gotten the "dream" horse.

I have 4 horses right now, all mares. Three are Appaloosas, the other one is a black and white American Paint. My one Appy mare is 23 years old (24 in the spring) and I've owned her for 16 (going on 17 years).

Rhonda

post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 02:01 PM
Chim-Chim GizzardFanny!

oooh Friesians, Priesians, Dales ponies, oldenburgs, and roughly any european warmbloods! I am soooo gonna get one of each!!!

Alicyn

post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 03:02 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I dream of owning a buckskin quarter horse! I love them soooo much!

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thats awesome

post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 10:24 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Thanks, I just love those horsies so! They are gorgeous! My friend, whom I believe joined us here on the forums YellowFilly, she had one or has one, can't remember and ever since I saw him I feel in love, lol.

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 05:56 PM

I LOVE Gypsy Vanners, my friend is thinking about getting one next year... but I'll always have a soft spot for Shagya Arabs. My first riding 'teacher' was a Shagya.

Last edited by belikefishviv; 01-10-2004 at 05:58 PM.
post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 10:52 AM
Newborn Pup

My favourite??? What a question!! I guess my favourite would have to be Freisians... then Andaulsians(sp) then quarter horses..... CLYDESDALES!!!! ok... I guess I love them all the same... as long as its a horse!!!!!

hello from tricia(me) buddy, beatrice, astro, minnie, sheep, chickens...

post #11 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

LOL Budigurl... yeah its hard to choose sometimes. Mine will always be Fresians tho!

post #12 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 09:30 PM
Beanie Fanatics Anonymous Member

There's a lady not far from me that breeds Fresians. But I would have to say my favorite are Paints (i'm sure that's not the real name for them, ohh well, someone will correct me) I've always wanted one with the white, borwn and black markings. I even have a name for the horse I will probably never have, Kricket!

I Love You Logan & Cledus!!!

Logan Indy Ping-Pong Pinkerton Gissa Cledus

post #13 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-06-2004, 11:26 PM
Tamora

lylwhitetiger, you are right, it would be a Paint (or Pinto). And the colours you described would be a Skewbald!

post #14 of 64 (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 11:53 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I have always wanted a chestnut Quarter Horse. I also like Paints.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #15 of 64 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 12:08 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

I would have to go with draft horses...Clydesdales or Shires, although I've never in my life owned a horse

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at

Tags
black spots