Fantastic Day!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Fantastic Day!!!

I haven't ridden for about 3 weeks and I have a show coming up. So I decided to go and ride to keep D fit for the show, It was hot so I didn't ride for too long & I rode bearback with just a lead rope . Anyways his trot, canter, and jumping was SO SMOOTH and together today. We were truly one! I was so happy with him, He just did a prefect job. For you horse savy peoplez out there try a bearback posting trot surpentine, Fun stuff and really works your balance in the "saddle" lol.

My Kids:6
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 5
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 02:09 PM
Will It Ever Change?

lol glad you had a good time!!!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 07:50 PM
What the shell! :)

More power to yA!!!!! I cant really ride bareback, I love the western saddle! (It fits right around ya) That's awesome I have to get back riding my horse A LOT MORE!!! But I have no land where I moved now! Oh well I'll find someone down the road. anyway good luck in your show!!!

our lil family

The Mr & Mrs

& Maggie-the dogs

& Cleo - the cats

sushi & Fuji - the rats
...and the turtles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 08:50 PM
RAT ADDICT

Thats awesome! Good luck in the show.What is it for?

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 02:08 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

thnx so much! sorry this took me so long, I've just learned that I have a total of 76 points which puts me in 2nd placeing for state out of 45 people, It doesn't mean I'll go to state but out of the people going that my rank. If this other girl has signed up I'm 2nd but if she hasn't she's in first and has 80points so I'm onyl 4 behind!!! Once again it's all thanx to D working so hard for me. We went on a trail ride today and we were racing my friend and he decided to buck We ran into her and I almost came off but we were fine . Wanna know the fun part? I was bearback!!!
The main reason I ride bearback is to improve my balance while I ride so when D or any of horse does act up I have balance to back them up with which prooved a good idea today lol.
Vanilla Rat - what do you mean what is it for? The show is to help me get more points towards state. Is that what you mean?

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 02:27 AM
Obsessed with Criss Angel

Sounds like fun!! I never rode bareback before.
I keep thinking i'll fall off,my balance is horrid
I rely on a saddle wayy too much.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 02:45 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

My old trainer made us start by riding with no Iorns so we can get use to it then we walk and trot around before we do anothing beond that. I love riding bearback now because i'm so lazy lol, If you trust your horse I was say go for it!!! even one whos a little green is ok. I ride my Tb mare and thats risky bearback lol

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 09:15 PM
RAT ADDICT

Yeah,I meant what is the show for! But you explained it.

Did you know it is Horse Week? I dunno if it is everywhere,but it is here.I just found out yesterday at the expo.There is some horsey events next weekend,I wanna attend,but I don't think I can.

I rode bareback ONCE.It was on a Newfoundland pony mare and I felt like I was going to slip right off of her.That was yrs ago,I haven't rode in years! I want to this year.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Yea! I remember my first time bearback lol. A little tip that might help (if anyone wants it I've found it helps) You can squeez with your knees as hard as you want because they can feel it but it doesn't mean go to them. As long as you don't squeez with your heels. The when you sit up straight your balance is a lot better than if you lean forward or back. OOooOOO I'll make a video of us riding bearback tonight lol! that will be fun!!
OH and yesterday I moved the jumps me and D are doing up higher, she slowd down as he came up to it so like an idiot I sat back because I thought he was going to stop, then he jumped and as he landed I was too fare forward and I hit my nose on his neck, and my nose started bleeding. It hurt so badly but i'm ok... hey i can put this under that one topic!! I am off

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Tags
vanilla rat