Field space - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Field space

Is there a legal limit to how big a space a horse should have to live in outside and what requirements should it have?
i dont have a horse but here in Sweden they are popular but they seem to be shoved in a tree filled area, very hilly and not so big and I was just wondering if I could complain.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My handsome Prince

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 12:28 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I'm not sure what the legal space requirement is, if there even is one. I like to think that at least 3 acres per horse is a good rule of thumb, along with plenty of exercise. I do know some people that have 3 horses in a 3 acre enclosure, but they are extremely well cared for. The owners ride or exercise them daily and they clean up the enclosure every other day. So in other words, the space required depends on how much exercise they are getting and how clean the enclosure is kept.

Rhonda

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Not sure how big an acre is but there are 2 big horses and they have about the same space as an average house would take and most of this is covered in trees and roots so the standing area is even less.
I think ppl just find a small tree filled area tape some wire round it and shove horses in it

My handsome Prince

Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 08:37 AM
Part of the Pack

Im not completely sure, i don't think theres any legal limit really over here in the uk as long as the horse(s) are given a good amount of space for grazing, roaming and exercising. But im not sure about other countries there is a possiblity that there might be some laws, but im not sure.

animalexpert - a life long learner

Qualifications: FdSc AMgt. N.Dip AMgt, and VetMed Cert
Working towards: BSc AMgt, A.Dip AB, Marine Zoology and Herptology