Four horses for sale, really cheap! (Just kidding) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2003, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Arrow Four horses for sale, really cheap! (Just kidding)

I am so fed up with my horses, I could've easily sold all of them yesterday and not have been one bit bothered by it!

While I was at work on Wednesday they escaped, TWICE! Thankfully the neighbor put them in. On Thursday I fixed the fence in the areas I thought they had gotten out, after I put Foxy in again. I went out a few hours later, and there is Foxy standing in the front yard. I found the spot where she got out, repaired it. Friday night I got a call from my mom telling me all 4 were out again! It was 10:30pm, so I came home, rounded them up and put Foxy in the barn. Since she is the ringleader of the group I knew the others wouldn't try to escape and there was no way I was going to hunt down the spot where she broke out of while it was dark out (we have a HUGE bear roaming the property). Saturday I bought some boards to put across the 3 spots where she likes to get out. While putting up the last board I look up just in time to see her squeeze her fat butt through a small hole in the fence. So, I rounded her up, fixed that area too. While I was getting ready to drive my truck out of the field I see her push her head through a spot in the fence and PUSH through! I went to get her and she ran away from me. I cannot stand a horse that doesn't come to me and I was so enraged I thought I was going to explode. I was actually thinking of either shooting her or selling her.

I spent 3 hours yesterday patching every single little hole in the fence. If I found an area big enough for her to squeeze her head through, I took the time to patch it. My fence is so old it breaks apart when I try to bend it a little, and Foxy knows this. I am so fed up with horses right now that I'm almost ready to sell all of them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2003, 12:52 PM
Incubator Cricket Killer

Awww, I'm sorry they're being such monsters! I know exactly how you feel with the being so mad you could just kill em (my dogs have been endangered species lately). Hang in there, hopefully you got all the holes!

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 02:38 AM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

Scarlette, man do you sound mad! Now back when I pictured you as tough neck breaking jet black haired, I'll punch you in the face person, I would have been scared for your horses! Hopefully the barn time out time will calm the ring leader down!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 03:05 AM
Adolescent Pup

well my uncle has 2 buffaloes that escape all the time. And you will not beleive this but 1 escaped and a guy hit it with his car !!!!! The buffalo is totally fine but the guys car has a huge dent in it. Poor guy how could you HIT A BUFFALO !!!!!!!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

Capn, my boyfriend calls it Solitary Confinement for bad horses.

They haven't escaped since I patched up the holes, but I see Foxy scoping out the perimeter, checking each area to see if the deer have made new holes for her to escape through.

Rebel.....my friend had her 2 horses escape one night and some guy hit BOTH of them. It didn't help that he was really drunk and it was night-time. It was really sad. The one horse landed on the roof of the car with a broken neck and died instantly, the other had all of it's legs broken and his belly tore open. He had to be put to sleep.

Rhonda

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 04:35 PM
Adolescent Pup

OH thats really sad !!!!!! Well this guy was drunk we think to and it was night ! The good thing is that the buffalo broke the car instead of the car breaking it
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2003, 10:00 AM
Playful Pup

I'm sorry you're having all this trouble!

Two words: Electric Fence

My cousin uses an electric fence for her horses and it seems to work well. I don't know if it would work for you, though, if you have jumpers!

Buns

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2003, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Electric fencing works great if you don't have herds of deer knocking it down on a daily basis like I do.

Rhonda

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2003, 04:52 PM
Playful Pup

Quote:
Electric fencing works great if you don't have herds of deer knocking it down on a daily basis like I do.
I love deer, but it sucks that they trash your fence!

Wish there was a way to keep deer out and horses in...

Buns

Tags
endangered species