Hey, I am a total Horse Lover TOO! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Hey, I am a total Horse Lover TOO!

Hi guys. Even though I don't actually have any horses I am a total horse lover!!! I have always loved them for as long as I can remember. I have recently visited a horse farm and it reminded me just how much I love them!

~Zoegirl has posted.
2 Corinthians 12:10
"...for when I am weak, then am I strong."

I
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my pets!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Zoe~long-haired daschund

Ruby~short-haired daschund

Peanut Butter~teddy bear hamster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Obsessed with Criss Angel

Same here!! I don't have a horse either,but I hope to someday =D

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Oily Chickenspew

we used to have horses on our family ranch..someday i will own horses they are sooo great!!

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Exactly! Horses are the best!

~Zoegirl has posted.

I
my pets!

Zoe~long-haired daschund

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 06:47 PM
What the shell! :)

That is awesome! Me tooo!!!!I have had horses for 8 years now and ever since I got them, riding and my horses has been my favorite thing in the world. I have 1 right now but have had many before, as soon as I move to a place with more land I'm getting more.

Welcome I'm glad another horse lover is on the forum!

our lil family

The Mr & Mrs

& Maggie-the dogs

& Cleo - the cats

sushi & Fuji - the rats
...and the turtles
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 09:08 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Yay! Another horse person!

Rhonda

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 10:18 AM
Will It Ever Change?

i love horses too. my mom had one when i was a toddler, such graceful creatures

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Wink

I can't remember when it first started, me loving horses!!!!!
What about you?

~Zoegirl has posted.

I
my pets!

Zoe~long-haired daschund

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I was bit by the horse bug when I was about 4 years old and wanted a pony so badly! Luckily I lived on a farm and mom said I could have one but I had to pay for it myself. I saved my allowance and did every chore possible (that a 4 year old could do) and finally had the money.

I bought my first pony when I was 5 years old. I paid $50 for the pony and $50 for the saddle. I've never been without a horse since then...it's been 28 years now. Would you believe I still have that first pony saddle! I know that thing was a little old when I bought it. It's an antique now. I've had tons of people wanting to buy it from me but I won't let it go. It's very special and sentimental to me.

Rhonda

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 08:59 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I've done lead line till I was about 41/2ish then when I was 5yrs old I started riding alone. I'm 18 now and have been riding for 14 years. I LOVE horses so darn much I can't stand being without them. I have 3 horses at the moment
11yr old 15.3H Paint gelsing Dartanion
3yr old 15.2H belgium cross Balthazar (troted for the first time today!! been ridden 8 times )
16yr old 16h Tb mare Jewels

My Kids:6
, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 07:35 AM
Part of the Pack

I've been around horses since I was 2 years old, never owned one of my own. But I just started taking Riding Lessons again last Tuesday! My instructer is letting me do Pony Parties with her... I actually have another one today at 12:10 It's just me playing games with the kids, and then giving them pony rides I make a little cash off of it, even though I was just doing it for the fun of it! But hey, not alot of people get payed to do something they love! So I take it as a gift, and blessing

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

You all are so lucky!!! I can't get a horse because we live in the city , and I can't take riding lessons because they "cost too much"!! But I still absolutely LOVE THEM!!!! One of my friend's dad works on a horse rance so i got to go with her one day. I didn't get to ride a horse, but i still got to groom one!

~Zoegirl has posted.

I
my pets!

Zoe~long-haired daschund

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 10:32 PM
What the shell! :)

There is just something about horses that makes people so happy...well for me, and it sounds like you guys anyway...I think Winston Churchill summed it up by saying...

"There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man." I love that quote!

Anyway...if you wanna ride and can't afford it why don't you ask to do some cleaning up at a local stable, or some sort of chore for the chance to ride a little. Some stables around where I live (in Ohio) let some of my friends do that.

our lil family

The Mr & Mrs

& Maggie-the dogs

& Cleo - the cats

sushi & Fuji - the rats
...and the turtles
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

[QUOTE=Tiff & Jerry]

"There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man." I love that quote!
[QUOTE]

I LOVE that quote too!!!!!!! Thanks for the idea, I have thought about that!

~Zoegirl has posted.

I
my pets!

Zoe~long-haired daschund

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 12:45 AM
RAT ADDICT

I love horses too and have for many years.Ever since I was a kid.I live in the city tho,so no horsey for me.

When I was in daycare,many yrs ago I had an imaginary friend which was a horse that lived in my backyard.I told my little friends at daycare and they were all curious and wanted to see my horse.Because I guess I failed to tell them he was imaginary.Well of course the teachers asked my mom about the horse in the backyard and I got in trouble for telling lies... The memories.

Oh and in Old Perlican,there is this man and he had a sweet Newfoundland pony who me and my sisters would visit every single summer.He paased away in 1998 or 1999 of age.

Anyway I know how to drive a carriage...but man,I haven't been riding or in a carriage in yrs! I hope to ride this summer.It is one of my plans.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *