Hi, from ReRun, an ex-racehorse adoption program - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Hi, from ReRun, an ex-racehorse adoption program

Hi guys,

I'm new to your board. I introduced myself in the Introductions forum, but wanted to say hey to you all in case you won't be checking in on that forum.

My name is Christine and I work for ReRun, an ex-racehorse adoption program with chapters in NJ, NY, and KY. We take in horses from the racetracks who are no longer wanted as racers, and bring them to our foster farms for rehabilitation and re-training. We then work very hard to find loving, permanent adoptive homes for them.

I can see this place is very active, which is great! I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and engaging in all sorts of discussions.

Christine

p.s. Please feel free to visit ReRun's website (which starts with 3 w's, then ReRun, then org--sorry, they won't let me post a link yet).

We have some great things going on, like a fundraising contest you're all welcome to join and a Moneigh auction on ebay Nov. 23rd. Don't know what a Moneigh is? Go to the website and find out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Guarded by Waffles

Hi Christine! Meet me, Christine! LOL

I have two horses, a paint and a quarter horse.

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 11:44 PM

Hi, Christine! My name is Charlene and I have a beautiful Paint mare who I absolutely adore! You will find videos and pictures of her if you look through this section of the forum. Her name is "Missy" ~ Shoshines Hotsox. She just turned 10 this last April and she is registered. I can't wait to get to know you and I hope you will post pictures of the horses you work with. Welcome to PawTalk!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Hey, guys. Thanks for the welcome, and as soon as I can figure out how to post pictures, I'll put some up for you all!

-Christine
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Hey Christine! sorry this took so long lol, I've been way to busy. I own a 15.3H Tobiano paint gelding Named Dartanion that I'm absolutly in love with! I had a 16H 10yr old OTTB that I sold when she was 17 (about a month ago) and miss her a lot but she really gave me a sticky seat.

My Kids:6
, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Newborn Pup

I've been riding OTTBs for a while, they make wonderful horses. I will definitely give that site a visit, I'm looking into getting a jumper prospect within the next few months
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Newborn Pup

Hi Christine! Welcome to Paw-Talk I'm new too and so far, so good. Seems like a great forum to me.

OTTBs are great horses. I'd like to adopt one in the future - right now, we just can't...

Anyway, I have heard of ReRun! What a great organization.

Tags
adoption, racehorses, rerun, thoroughbreds