Horse breeds - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Talking Horse breeds

If you own a horse and are reading this please post your horses breed. I want to find out the most popular breed out there and maybe say why you like that breed. Thanks people!

Horses simply love running around.They enjoy flexing their muscles, arching their tails in the air, rising up powerfully on their hind legs, and then thundering off at full speed. In between the gallop strides they buck exuberantly and toss their heads joyfully. After repeating their show a couple of times, they pause for a moment to look around with widely flared nostrils, as if to ask: Has everyone seen us? Aren't we simply fantastic? We urge them to move again. They react on the spot, hooves flying with delight.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 07:58 AM
Guarded by Waffles

PAINT HORSE!!! and quarter horse. The paint is mine and the quarter horse is my dads. I like paints because they are so sweet and very smart.

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 03:25 PM
RAT ADDICT

I don't have a horse,but LOVE friesians,gypsy vanners,clydesdales,shires,Icelandic horses and Newfoundland ponies.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 01:25 PM

Thumbs up I am in LOVE with PAINTS!

I am absolutely in love with PAINT HORSES! I love my two Paint mares, "Partee Time QD", - (Partee) and "Shoshines Hotsox", - (Miss). They are the loves of my life! (Besides my family!) hee hee. I love the coloring that Paints have. It separates them from the rest of the herd and you can always tell where your beautiful horse is! They are just so unique. Where my horses are boarded, there are many horses that are in a field at times. True, they are all in separate pastures, but you can always "spot" my beauties right off! They just stand right out! Can you tell I am in love or what?!

This is my favorite picture right now of my son riding Miss. Both of my horses are 15.2 hands. Just the right size for me and my family. OOOOOOHH How I LOVE PAINT HORSES!!!

Both of my mares are the kindest, sweetest mares you could ever find. I don't know how I got so lucky. **You always need to be careful around horses, because we all have our "days".** Both of my beauties have kind hearts, but I still need to watch myself around them. I would agree with Christine, Paints are gentle, smart, and learn quickly. . . (**if they have been broken correctly!) Hee Hee.

Last edited by MzKityLvsBrdsTo; 03-17-2008 at 01:35 PM. Reason: needed to add last sentence. :o)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 04:51 PM
What the shell! :)

Thumbs up

An Awesome Loving, Fast, Standardbred Who Rides And Drives(he used to be a sulky race horse!!!!)

our lil family

The Mr & Mrs

& Maggie-the dogs

& Cleo - the cats

sushi & Fuji - the rats
...and the turtles
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 04:01 AM
Playful Pup

Well, I have 3 Andalusians, a part bred andalusian, a welsh cob x arab, a cob x tb and a miniature.

~ Tralissa Andalusians Stud ~

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

I dont own horses, but can ride and they are great, personally I must say I adore the shire horses because they are quite obediant and always seem to have nice calm personalities, I think they are soo beautiful!!

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Yes I must agree with all of you! I do like paints for their color

Horses simply love running around.They enjoy flexing their muscles, arching their tails in the air, rising up powerfully on their hind legs, and then thundering off at full speed. In between the gallop strides they buck exuberantly and toss their heads joyfully. After repeating their show a couple of times, they pause for a moment to look around with widely flared nostrils, as if to ask: Has everyone seen us? Aren't we simply fantastic? We urge them to move again. They react on the spot, hooves flying with delight.