Horse Pictures - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Stinky Liverbrain

Horse Pictures

Hi all!

I just uploaded a big bunch of horse pics I took while I was doing my practice, I thought that maybe some of you might be interested. Now, let me tell you first, this was a horse hospital, so you'll see some with bandages and catheters on... maybe a bit of blood or something... but nothing really graphic or gross. I just thought that I should warn you just in case, it didn't surprised you... I didn't posted them directly cause there are over 60 pics. Anyway, enjoy the pics, there are some pretty horsied there. (All of them are thoroughbred, BTW)

http://photobucket.com/albums/v88/pa...sc=2&start=all

Dimaris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 11:58 PM
Adolescent Pup

Kewl photos.

Were the horses being grained rescues, T4 probs, or.....

The seemed rather ribbby!

I wish you had a closeup of that pastern injury on that chestnut.

I love the Medical and surgical side of my Job- Vet Tech going through school to be Equine DVM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pictured are:
Center my 6yr old Ferret Cinnamin
Lower Left Corner: my 13ft 30lb Dwarf Reticulated Python Squigs.
Upper Right Corner: My 3yr old Ball Python Kona.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*
These are only a few of my managorie im missing 2 more snakes, my hamster, and my 2 torts.
Hey what can i say other than... I Live At A Zoo!

Also The rottie in My Avatar is My 5yr old Seymur & my 10 Yr old German Shepherd Shaddow!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Stinky Liverbrain

I'm studying veterinary technology (4 year program). There they breed racing horses. They have 2 vets full time working there and one of them was our supervisor. In the pastern injury, what happened was that the foal injured his leg, probably with a wire or maybe a bite, then an abscess formed there, right above the pastern. The abcess drained into the articulation, creating a big infection there. We did an intraarticular cleaning, drained all the purulent liquid there, put medication and bandaged it again. 8) That was the finished job.

Dimaris

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 01:08 PM
Adolescent Pup

Okay so i dont understand a lot of the medical mumbo jumbo But i can say that there are some very pretty horses there, oh and the dog was adorable too

Lois Isabel

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 02:05 PM
Proud New Mommy

lol I'm right there with Phawn. Very pretty!

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 06:06 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Neat pics! I love that barn!

Rhonda

Tags
vet tech