Horse related injuries???? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2002, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
User Is No Longer Welcome

Smile Horse related injuries????

I am taking Scarlette's idea of doing the injuries thread. So, what kind of injuries has everyone gotten as a result of a horse?

I have had 7 stitches in the head, Surgery on my ankle to reattach tendons when Lucy stepped on my foot and I jerked away and ripped them, bit on the butt and boob!! Had several crushed toes and jammed fingers.

My mom also had surgery too, to fix her neck after being drug by my horse. Had a disc removed, the bones fused and a plate put in. Fun stuff!!

What about everyone else???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2002, 06:54 PM
Lynn

Crushed knee...5 surgeries and a replacement latter...its better than ever.LOL! Fractured vertebrae, broken femur(?) you know the BIG leg bone.LOL!, broken wrist, broken ankle, couple of broken ribs...broken collar bone...multitude of gashes and stiches. Just goes with the territory

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 09:57 AM
Mia
Formerly Known as Nico

I think if you own horses sooner or later you will get hurt.
I have many times.Some hurt only your pride ,some your wallet and some your BODY.
The worst case for me left me in a hospital for 10 days.I have to say it was my fault I pushed when I knew the mare I was on was scared.
A concussion,broken ribs,ruptured disc in back and many cuts and bumps.

:rainbow:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 09:13 AM
Proud New Mommy

wow.. some things make me glad i dont own a horse!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2002, 10:00 AM
Head-Butts Horses

I haven't had any really bad horse injuries yet but bad enough. Once when I was leading Babe out of the pasture she knocked me in the back of the head. I still don't know if she kicked me or she knocked me in the head with hers. Let's see when I first started out riding her when I first got her I almost got my knees knocked off by a fence. I've been bitten couple different times and have had my foot stepped on couple different times. I think that is about it. Oh,girth strap broke on saddle and ended up falling off. And ran into a tree branch I think that is it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 11:16 PM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Mine only injury was very mild compared to everyone else's.We had a horse that liked to get close when you went to get on.He stepped on my little toe and twisted his foot mashing the toenail almost off.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 11:16 PM
max391203

Thank goodness I have nine lives, that's all I'm gonna say.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2002, 03:20 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

My worst injury was 26 stitches to my left arm when I fell off onto a fence post. The fence post had a nub sticking out of it and it jammed into my arm. I was 14 when I did it. I thought I only scratched it.....came into the house, told my mom I scratched my arm, took off my coat and there's this HUGE gaping wound. ACK! Second worse was getting kicked almost in the crotch by my cousin's Appy...couldn't walk for 2 days! I had half a hoof print on one thigh and the other half on the other thigh, real interesting bruise.

I've had so many near misses, ALMOST kicked in the head a few times. Had my foot stomped on by a runaway pony, clothes lined by trees and a swing set.

Another time, I was leading my one youngster in the water, she started sinking in the mud, panicked and tried to jump on my back for higher ground. We went around in a few circles, my belt loop got hung up on the stirrup, she knocked me down in the water and her hoof just barely missed my head. I was soaking wet from head to toe and all I could do was laugh. My friend was in shock "Are you OK???" Ya, just go get my horse. LOL

Rhonda

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2002, 11:11 PM
max391203

OK, OK, you got me at the gaping arm thing!