How many? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Talking How many?

How many horses do you own and how long have you been into horses?

I have 4. Three Appaloosas and 1 American Paint. I've had Foxy for 15 years and we've been through so much together. I could do anything with that horse and she'd give it her all. We've done Western Pleasure, Equitation, Trail, Halter classes, Barrel racing and I've even set up jumps in the pasture for us to go over. LOL Poor horse! She's given me 2 beautiful and healthy fillies and now she is retired from it all. She had a bad accident which cut her back leg to the bone in 2 spots so now she gets to be lazy in the pature. She's 22 years old. Occasionally I'll hop on her and we'll go for a very short ride just so she knows she hasn't been forgotten.

Jazzy is 15 years old, I got her when she was 6 months old. I trained her myself and we won everything there was to win in 4-H shows. On one circuit we didn't even go to one of the shows and still won the high point championship. She burned out in the show ring (and so did I) and now we go on nice, long, relaxing trail rides together. She has given me a healthy filly (Paige) and hopefully can be a mom again soon....when I find another suitable man for her. LOL

Maddie is 8 years old, black and white paint. She was bought for show but she is too much of a clown to be in the show ring. In one halter class she decided she was really bored, reached around and took my hat off. LMAO Another time she grabbed my shirt and ripped it. She thinks show horses are way too serious and wanted to liven things up a bit. LOL

Paige is 3, daughter of Jazzy. I haven't had time to break her yet but she has alot of potential. Hopefully I can get her saddle broke this summer and start showing again.

I've had horses for 23 years and loved every minute of it.....ok, I really don't love it when it's 90 degrees and I'm on the hay wagon but that's another story!

Tell me all about your horses! I love to talk horses!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 02:37 PM
Lynn

Well horses have been a big passion of mine for the last 21 years...considering I'm 25....thats a big portion of my lifetime.LOL! There are currently 59 horses and 9 foals living here...the foals and 29 of the horses are mine...and 4 of them are my daughters horses and 8 of them are hubbies. He has paints and QHs for halter and english pleasure. Me....I am a racing/eventing/dressage type chick. The horse I've had the longest currently is a 17.2hh Irish TB stallion named StarDancer...he is a cross country/3day/endurance horse...dressage isn't his thing. He is 10...he was born bred and raised here.LOL! His dam was my prized Irish TB 3day mare, his sire was my grandfathers racer latter gone hunter TB. He has given me 7 foals..all but 2 of them are black...and those are black bay...they all have the trademark "star". Odd his sire and **** both had a "star" he has a "star" and all his foals have a "star". I jokingly call that the star of champions. I love this horse so much I named my farm after him and his legacy.

We have alot more great horses. Like our racers Kito, Roadster, Remmington. Kito is a QH sprinter, Roadster is a TB dirt sprinter, and Remmington is a TB distance horse. SecretSensation's great grand sire was Secretariant..he looks alot like the king of racing, but do to a hock injury Secret has never been raced...he is a stud and thats it. We have 3 draft horses, Bud a Clydesdale, Mt.Everest a Shire, and Blondie a Belgium. A Freisian stallion is joining my group on Tuesday always wanted one Cannot wait!

I could go on for days about them...but I will spare you the boredom

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Please go on! Like I said, I love talking horses!

Rhonda

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 11:53 PM
Lynn

Ok...I shall continue a bit more

My Niece has 2 horses. LedZepplin a honey bay Warmblood/TB mix....hes a hunter. And a Anadulasian filly named Spears shes just a 3 year old so Amber is training her herself. My daughter Candi had a Gulla QH stallion but he was a bit more than she could handle...so we go her Ollie(photo in Couple of pics thread). Jade is only 7 months so doesnt have a horse yet. My sister Rose has a lovely liver chestnut QH/TB named Donelahando.

I did steal one of Jason's paints..because he can REALLY jump..his name is SpanishFly.

Our foals this year are superb!
RockSteady-Grey TB
OracleStar-BlackBay TB
RoyalInspiration-Chestnut Hanoverian
HellaGood-Bay TB
Francheska-bay paint
UnforgottenHope-chestnut mini
NineInchNails-Dun paint
LethalInjection-Sorrel Arab
SlipKnotBoy-bay warmblood

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2002, 01:00 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

I think I have talked about my horses plenty of times before, but I suppose I can again :wink: I have owned 3 horses in my life, but I am only 16 so gimme time! I had a 35+ year old morgan mare, that was my first horse. She was just a lawn ornament, very sway back with no teeth to speak of. She was abused also, so she was skittish. But she was friendly and let me love on her. It was very sad when she died, but I already told that story on another forum.

Right now I have two horses, the one and only, Chance and Lucy, lol. (they are the cuties pictured in my avatar.) They are just about as spoiled as horses can get but I like it that way.

They are mustang/florida cracker crosses, with the same dad and different moms. They were born 20 days apart. There 2nd birthdays are coming up on May 6th and 26th (Chance's is the 6th, Lucy's the 26th) They will be 2 years old, which means riding time!!

I have been waiting for 1 1/2 years to ride them. I got them as a Christmas/Birthday present back in December 2000. (my bday and christmas are both in december) I have raised these two from very little babies, took them as soon as they were weaned, so they are very attached to me. Breaking them is gonna prove harder for me because of that, they just think I am kidding with them when I tell them to walk or stop or something, lol.

In the trials of raising these two there have been injuries. 7 stitches between the eyes for me from chance kicking me in the head, and surgery on my left ankle from Lucy stepping on me. (When I pulled away I tore the tendons off my ankle bone, they had to reattach them.)
I just had that surgery April 8th, still recovering, they put a stupid cast on my leg so I havent been able to work with them at all. And my mom also had to have surgery because of Chance, because he got spooked while she was leading him and he drug her, and messed up her neck bad. She has to have a disc removed, the bones fused and a plate put in. Fun stuff huh? Dont take that into thinking they are bad horses, just hard headed and young. Having mustang in them doesn't help either. But I am happy to report no kicking, biting, or running away with you anymore, they know better. And I have learned to put shoes on. LoL.

I am gonna break these two under western saddle by the way. I spent my Christmas money and birthday money this year on two very nice brand new Abetta Cordura's. Set me back $740 but I got a great deal. Saddle, bridle, bit, breastcollar, girth and saddle pad. $360 per each package. So, the months ahead should be fun.....

There I talked about my horses, lol. :wink:
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2002, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Good luck breaking them. It shouldn't be too bad though, because you've spent so much time with them and they trust you. We'll have to start an "what injuries we have sustained thread while training" as I will be breaking my youngster as soon as the weather is nice. LOL

My worst injury was 26 stitches to my left arm when I fell off onto a fence post. The fence post had a nub sticking out of it and it jammed into my arm. I was 14 when I did it. I thought I only scratched it.....came into the house, told my mom I scratched my arm, took off my coat and there's this HUGE gaping wound. ACK! Second worse was getting kicked almost in the crotch by my cousin's Appy...couldn't walk for 2 days! I had half a hoof print on one thigh and the other half on the other thigh, real interesting bruise.

Rhonda

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2002, 04:49 PM
Lynn

Ouch! Good luck training them! They are lovely horses

ewwwwwwwww!!!!!!!! sounds like a nasty gash there Scarlette!

My worst riding accident was when my eventer tripped over a fence came down on his side...crushed my knee....and rolled over me and then trampled on me a bit because one leg was stuck in the sturrip.LOL! Horses are worth it all though arn't they?

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 12:54 PM
Mia
Formerly Known as Nico

Hello I am new so you have not heard of my herd.LOL I have been owned by a hoofbaby all of my life.There have been many but let me tell you of the major ones. My 4th birthday present was a black pony named Midnight.She died here on my farm of old age.Katie was a foundation Q.H big bay she too passed here of old age.
Today I have a O.H chestnut/white paint mare Arizona,A welsh cross filly bloodbay(rescue bottle baby)Paris,A wh/Bl paint shetland mare in foal Trixie,A red/wh paint (rescue blind in one eye)Buttercup,
A strawberry roan Appy Roana,A haflinger of coarse you know the color since they only come in one,and a bl/wh paint stallion Dexter

:rainbow:
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Welcome NICO! Yay! Another horse person! :cool:

Rhonda

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 06:03 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

hey you guys go to the contests thing and vote for chances butt for the april contest! i want a horsey to win!!! thanks if you vote for him!!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

LOL!!!

Rhonda