How Should I Ride - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

How Should I Ride

Just wanted to know what other people wanted to see from my video tonight. ooiiee ok here just pick a letter then
A. bridle & saddle
B. saddle & lead rope
C. bearback & bridle
D. Bearback & halter
Which ever letter gets the most posts I'kk ride like that tonight then post the video ...

My Kids:6
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 5
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

Last edited by uMgaziRatRescue; 06-04-2007 at 06:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 07:00 PM
What the shell! :)

If it were me doing the video, I would probably go with saddle and bridle and show riding with that and then take them off and show riding with bareback and bridle or bareback and halter! I think I would show versitileness. But whatever ya wanna do

our lil family

The Mr & Mrs

& Maggie-the dogs

& Cleo - the cats

sushi & Fuji - the rats
...and the turtles
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Oooooo

OOOO I really like that idea!!!! hehe well since knowone else has posted when dad gets home I'll ride him bearback and with a bridle since it will be a lot faster and I wont have to stop the video . If anyone wants to see somethin different feel free to say so . Hehe I'm so excited now hehe.

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Will It Ever Change?

lol i think it's becuase we barely know what your'e talkign about

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 07:50 PM

Cant wait to see the video! Maybe I can get some tips on how to ride bareback better! How old are you? Just curious...because I saw your post of the history class homework, u still in highschool, I have been out for 3 years and I love it! lol I liked school too but I like being on my own and in college.

our lil family

The Mr & Mrs

& Maggie-the dogs

& Cleo - the cats

sushi & Fuji - the rats
...and the turtles
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

I'm 18 and going to college next year, I've been riding for 14years now . I would lvoe to help you!! I'm no pro but I'm not a beginner either lol. One thing my trainer would do to test us a lot (mostly with the saddle on) is you squeez with your knees as hard as you can and if she could fit her hand between your knee and the saddle she wouldn't make you do a whole lot bearback till your leg got stronger. I'll see if I can get my dad to show that on the video , I'm so excited.... I hope it's not too bright out.... If it is i'll try to use the other video camra and see if there is any way I can get it onto the comp. I saw I THINK you have a western saddle in your pic?? could be wrong lol but I know in English you always want to have a straigh line from your head to your hip down to your heel then a line from the bit up to your elbow. I'll see if I can get some still pics as well just in case. OOO Tiff you've got me over the top excited now lol.
Mulder- eep i'm sorry... riding bearback is with no saddle and no bridle is just with a head rope on.... hmmm let me get a pic.

Bareback with bridle, only conplant I have about the pic is hos feet are too fare forward, His horse doesn't look very collected and theres no line from the horses bit to his hands.

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 09:10 PM

I'm glad there is someone that loves horses and wants to talk about them, I have been riding for 8 years now, but haven't done much bareback, I have done the letting your feet out of the stirrups and trotting, I think I am pretty good at it, but i just like the saddle. It is a western saddle I was riding in my pic, this pic was like 3 or 4 years ago, I was about 17. We were just riding in the warm up pen at the fair at night, but I love the takc I just got new pink tack (that was when i was really into then-colored tack). Anyway cool I am always learning new things, I don't think anyone ever knows everything about a certain topic and if they do i really really wanna meet them lol. But thanks! Now I know I can go to you for advice!

our lil family

The Mr & Mrs

& Maggie-the dogs

& Cleo - the cats

sushi & Fuji - the rats
...and the turtles
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

ok be exciting with me I'm up loading the videos right now!!!! yay!!! I'll attach the pics while we wait . They are a little hard to see but you at least see something LOL. D didn't like how low the jumps were but dad would have had a heart attack me jumping higher bearback. He wouldn't wait for me to put a saddle on .

uuggg horrible pics i'm sorry , Well I hope you can see the line from ym head, to my hip, down through my heel. Then the pic of how tight your knees should be, and then a front pic, I wish my knees were in more but lol You get the idea .

OH and anytime you wanna talk about horses let me know, I can talk all day lol. Do you have msn?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 534.jpg (14.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 535.jpg (12.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 536.jpg (15.8 KB, 3 views)

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Videos!!!!!!

hehe have fun, once again sorry it's so light.

YouTube - Ok Jumping Video

OK the other movie is takin a little longer so I'll post that in a minute.

ok heres other video

YouTube - Double Jump 2'3"

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Last edited by uMgaziRatRescue; 06-04-2007 at 09:55 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 11:03 PM

No, I dont' have msn, I just have email and this forum to talk on. sorry. but we can do the message thing through here. But the videos and pics are awesome! Thanks! the videos were kind of light so I really couldn't tell which one was bareback but they both looked like you would have no trouble hanging on! And your arena is huge! Its like the size of my whole yard, including the barn (I will hopefully be moving in a year and getting more horses yay!) but anyway..That was cool, now I wanna go make my own video...lol And what a beautiful horse you have!

our lil family

The Mr & Mrs

& Maggie-the dogs

& Cleo - the cats

sushi & Fuji - the rats
...and the turtles

Last edited by Tiff & Jerry; 06-04-2007 at 11:06 PM.