I finally rode - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
Guarded by Waffles

I finally rode

I went to my parents house on Friday and rode my horse Winter. She did really well...after the 20 minutes it took to catch her. The only time she got frustrated was when I was trying to open a gate. She remembered everything but I could only ride for like 30 minutes because she started to sweat and breath heavily...she's really out of shape. We are going to try to go out to my parents once a month to ride her...hopefully get her into somewhat of shape, we'll see. I don't have any pictures of riding her but I have some pics of her if someone wants to see them. Oh and after I rode her I hosed her off and she LOVED that!

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 09:23 AM
RAT ADDICT

Yay! I am glad you rode her.Can I ask,what exactly does "barn sour" mean? I remember in other threads you mentioned that.

I would love to see the pics of her.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Guarded by Waffles

it means they run to the barn or they fight you when you go past the barn or place where they know they can stop working. It also means they run from you and fight you when you ride...just anything that will get you off of them faster, you have to be careful when they are like that...I think that's a good way of describing it

Christine
Mommy to:

And the rest:

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 09:26 AM
RAT ADDICT

Oh wow! Well hopefully you can get your horses back into shape and then they won't be like that anymore!

* Lisa *

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Guarded by Waffles

Christine
Mommy to:

And the rest:

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 11:28 AM
Flunky Emuhead

wow! she's beautiful!

2 happy doggies Luke and Hank

2 Kittehs, Smudge and Phoebe aka Noodle

1 Guinea pig , Radar

1 Hedgie, Newman

3 Degus, Jodi, Wanda, and Mel

1 lovely beta fish "Ian"

Edward the gerbil
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Guarded by Waffles

thanks. She's really fat but hopefully I will make her healthier. I wish I could ride more often but once a month will have to do

Christine
Mommy to:

And the rest:

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

awesome you got to ride her, If she's missing one mother just know it was me

My Kids:6
, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Guarded by Waffles

huh? What do you mean if she's missing one mother?

Christine
Mommy to:

And the rest:

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 01:10 AM

Winter is really beautiful. She looks alot like one of my paints! Don't feel bad about not getting to ride much, I think it is more common than you think. I have two beautiful mares and daily life seems to take up toooooo much of my time and my mares are only 4 to 5 minutes away from me. It makes me so unhappy sometimes, but I still visit them a few times a week just to bring them carrots and for loves on my way back from bringing my son to school in the morning. I need to schedule my time better so I have more riding time! My horses always make me feel so much better. How about you?

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Guarded by Waffles

I live an hour away and with college its hard to drive out there (and gas prices the way they are ugh) But we are going to go out there once a month maybe to ride them

Christine
Mommy to:

And the rest:

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 11:15 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by christine View Post
huh? What do you mean if she's missing one mother?
Oops I meant morning*

My Kids:6
, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Guarded by Waffles

oh lol

Christine
Mommy to:

And the rest:

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 09:07 AM
RAT ADDICT

I was confused by that statement too!

* Lisa *