I have decided to sell one of my beautiful horses - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy I have decided to sell one of my beautiful horses

I have come to the sad conclusion that I cannot give two horses the attention that they both need and so I am going to sell one of them. Now the hard part is deciding which one. I have barely owned them for a year and don't know them well enough to choose. So, I am taking the next few weeks to decide. I had one of the owners of where I board, approach me last week and ask if I would be interested in selling one of my paints. At the time, I said no. But it got me to thinking and for as busy as I have become, in all fairness to my beautiful mares, this is what I have to do. How do you pick between two beautiful mares that you are so deeply in love with? But, it will be best for them. They both need work and alot of the time, I find myself not going out to be with them because I know I don't have time for both of them. I go out to see them, but I don't work them the way I should. I have one tough decision ahead of me. Wish me luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Guarded by Waffles

Good luck. It would be hard to sell my mare but if my parents have to move to somewhere where they don't have land I would be willing to give her away to a good home. Either way you go, remember its for their benefit

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I'm sorry that you have to do this, but like christine said, it will be to their benefit.

I would recommend keeping in touch with the new owner so that way in the future if you decide you want her back and they want to sell her, you always have that option.

I did that with one of mine. I had some changes occur in my life and had to sell one but I would periodically call the new owner and see how the horse was doing. A few years later I came back to a point in my life where I could handle another horse and contacted the owner to see if she was willing to sell the horse back to me. She had some medical issues come up (unfortunately for her) and was willing to do the deal. What's funny is that she has called me and stopped by my house a few times the last couple of years to see if I'm ready to sell her back. I just might work out a deal with her so that she can have 2 of my horses over the summer because I don't think I'll be doing much riding with a newborn this year and someone else can be enjoying them. My cousin will be keeping the third one at her house.

Good luck Charlene. I'm sure you'll make the best decision for your situation.

Rhonda

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 12:25 AM
Oily Chickenspew

HUGS! Hope you figure it out, if not you can always hire someone to help you take care of both of them i know if i lived close i'd help care for them/ride them for free

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Thank you everyone. I'm having a really hard time deciding. My husband made me promise to take my time deciding and really be sure of which one I decide upon. And I like the idea about keeping in touch with the person I sell one of them to. Thank you for that idea also.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 08:17 AM
Will It Ever Change?

awww hun best wishes. i know its hard to give an animal away even knowing its for the best, ive had to do it. tough call but it takes a strong person to do it

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 10:18 AM
RAT ADDICT

Good luck! I understand how hard it can be!!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Newborn Pup

I know how difficult of a decision this can be. It's a very personal one too, so I don't want to tell you how to choose! I agree 100% with scarlette - keep in touch with the person in case they do want to sell her later, or you want to buy her back. Also what about leasing her to someone where you board them to ride?

Donna
& Chip, Dale, Snuggles the Prairie dogs
& our Furred & Feathered family

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Hey Charlene!!
I'm so sorry it's been so long! I've been sending you emails have you gotten them?? I hope it's going well with your babies I miss chating with you! How are your hunnies doing?!

My Kids:6
, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Fae!!! I've missed you! I haven't gotten any of your emails. I wonder what is wrong. My horses are doing o.k. We just got one terrible storm though... first a good inch of ice, then about 6 or so inches of snow on top of it. COLD!!! Brrr. They were under cover through most of it, but then I got a call and was told that the watering system was having problems and they were having to be moved. I've been snowed in and have a sick little boy at home so I don't even know where they were moved to. It's driving me crazy. But, it couldn't be helped. They couldn't get water to them because the pipes were freezing. They are big wooly bears right now, so they should be o.k. I just wanted them to be under cover if they wanted to be. You know me, I just want the best for all of my animals. I will look for your emails. Glad to hear from you. Does this mean your system is back up?