im 80kg and 5ft10 what size horse is best? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Question im 80kg and 5ft10 what size horse is best?

I am moving in the summer and going to be a member of a saddle club and i was wondering what size horse would be best for me, in the past ive ridden up to 17hh so i dont mind big horses

I am 80kg (12.5 stone/176 lbs) and i am about 5 foot 10

Thanks a lot

xxx

My chinchilla, leo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My dog, Sydney

Possible baby chinnie!!!

MARLEY

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I think something 15.5 hh and above would be just fine. My husband is about 6' 1" and about 210 pounds and he's ridden my one mare that is about 15.1 and they looked ok together. If he were to get into showing (which would NEVER happen ) then I think something a little bigger would look better.

Rhonda

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 09:01 PM

Yep, I agree with Rhonda. One huge rule, when you get a horse, YOU HAVE TO POST PICTURES!! LOL I'm a horse addict. Can't get enough of them. Hee hee. Best wishes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 03:25 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

im sooo excited and thanks for the advice, i will post lots of pictures!
I have ridden before but never done anythin more than walk and trotting as the horse i had, had back problems and would buck furiously if he was in canter and if he jumped, So im really excited to learn how to jump! yipppeeeeeeee

My chinchilla, leo

My dog, Sydney

Possible baby chinnie!!!

MARLEY

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 04:39 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

i always wanted a big ol draft to ride as they look like the lazy boys of horses hehehe... for you i'd think any horse would work, i think that is 15.5 hands and up for a horse OOOOOH or a mule i want a mule a draft mule would be awesome, lazy boy with big ears plus i hear they are very good for riding and pulling

[/CENTER]

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 04:40 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

http://www.whisperingrainfarms.com/o...et%20small.jpg isn't he cute

[/CENTER]

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

aww hes gawjus u make him look reli small coz u iz stood over him, how big iis he?? I am living in england n over here we dont get 15.5 hh after 15.3 it goes straight to 16hh and so on so i think u mean 16.2hh

My chinchilla, leo

My dog, Sydney

Possible baby chinnie!!!

MARLEY