It's that time of year again....FLY SEASON! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2003, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Post It's that time of year again....FLY SEASON!

Is it me or do the flies seem to be worse this year? I need to spray my horses at least twice a day and the flies still seem horrible!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2003, 03:12 PM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

Ugh - they're awful where I work too - we've had to spray the boxers, and put goop on all the big dog's ears every day. Last year I think we did it maybe 2 or 3 times a week.

Sharon
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2003, 11:26 PM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

I think they are worse this year as well as the pesky mosquitos

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2003, 11:37 PM
Buttercup Apple-tush

My mare and colt are all bit up too. Both flies and misquitos are awful this year.

chew-chew

Gizmo

Priscilla

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 05:53 AM Thread Starter
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Avon's Skin So Soft seems to work pretty well on my mares. I used to use it years ago and it got to be quite expensive. Now I mainly put it on their face, ears, and chest where the flies seem to bite them the worst. It seems to last longer than regular fly sprays.

Rhonda

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 03:32 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I noticed the green head flies are really bad around here this year. I usually use a little cedar oil mixed with applecider vinigar for fly repelant- but I broke down and got the strong stuff (repel X)- just needed something better, the blood was dripping in areas these darn green heads were getting him. I have tried those spot treatments for horses, and they don't work!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 03:39 PM
Chitter

Hello,

My first time on. My small animals(hamsters and gerbils) are bothered by tiny little flies, Maybe fruit flies. As soon as I seem to get rid of them, I get more

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 04:56 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I know exactly what you mean about those tiny little flies. My birds eat fruity pellet food, they drop it on the ground a splash water on it and before you know it those tiny little flies are in there. I know they're attracted to the wet pellets.