Just Got A Pig! :) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Just Got A Pig! :)

We had one when I was growing up and they're awesome pets if you know how to keep them happy!!

Here are some pictures of her. Yoshi is just 7 weeks old. The goat is Kevin's. He is almost 4 weeks old. We got him just before he turned 3 weeks old. His name is Einsteine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau

Last edited by Rocheal; 12-28-2006 at 06:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 04:58 PM
Title Spy

Haha, what a couple of cuties!

Owned by:
Three kitties (Hank, Napoleon, and The White One), two degus (Jay and Silent Bob), and a new chihuahua puppy (Gidget).

Special Pets in Heaven:
Bogus (cat), Dixie (dog), The Orange One (cat), baby iguana, and Charlotte (dog). I miss you all so much.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Fertile Myrtle

Cute - where do you keep a goat and a pig? LOL

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

|

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

lol, Thanks Chantelle.

WEEEELLLLLLLLL Christi. You're going to think I'm absolutely insane (well maybe not because your sister was wanting to keep a skunk in the house) but they stay inside right now. They do get to go outside a few times a day to complete their dietary needs (lol) but mainly they stay inside. I think it's too cold here in Georgia for them right now. I'm going to try to potty train the pig-- They're a heck of a lot smarter than dogs so I'm hoping it will be easy. The goat isn't doing too well but we have some paper down for him. They both stay in the kitchen..

Soon we will have another fence up (bout an acre at least) to keep the domestics from the barn yard.

The pig is a nut! Yesterday when she was outside I saw her running in circles kicking her back legs up in the air. Then she would run over to Einstein and toss him up in the air with her snout while he ignored her, eating away. If I take the pig and go somewhere else in the house (like to snuggle for some T.V. time) Einstein will baaah his head off!

They keep me laughing.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 08:25 PM
Fertile Myrtle

An acre is nice!!

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

|

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 06:30 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Is Yoshi a pot-bellied pig? Very cute!

One of my co-workers got a pot-bellied pig about 2 months ago. The pig is very smart and was completely housebroken in about 4 days.

Rhonda

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 01:26 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Very cute!

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Yeah. Yoshi's a pot belly pig. I thought I was crazy but I'm almost completely positive Yoshi is potty trained. No accidents in the house and when I let her out, she does her business. I know you're thinking "Well then she sounds housebroken..." but it took our dogs FOREVER! I guess I'm just very... amazed. She's great.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 08:51 PM
RAT ADDICT

Awww...thats really sweet!A little goat and a little piggy!How are they in the house?

I don't think your crazy, cuz I would do the same thing! Hehehe and I am always hearing stories of pigs,goats,sheep and even horses in the house.And my old friend used to let her pet chickens in her house!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

lol... I had to kick the pig outside because she just kept screaming!!! She never got used to us , I guess because she was just roaming on a pasture with no people really. She has gotten better-- Will let us pet her if we have food to give her. She is becoming fat so I need to stop!!!

The goats are outside now because it's warmer. It was crazy having them all inside!!

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

awww cute pics!!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 10:37 PM
Part of the Pack

Pigs are very clean animals, they hate doing their buisness in their homes XD
So a pig would be THE most housebreakable pet <3

Tags
potty train, potty trained