Listed my Paint Mare for Sale this Weekend - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Listed my Paint Mare for Sale this Weekend

This weekend I listed my Paint mare, Shoshines Hotsox "Miss" on www.DreamHorse.com for sale. AAAGGGHHH! I listed her and at the end of the ad, made it clear that I only wanted serious inquires only. I have gotten 4 inquires already. I know that this is the best thing for her. I can't stand for her to be so upset when I am riding Partee. She whinnies, runs around in the pasture and wants to be ridden. I am making extra time (that I don't have), just to ride her now too. And now, when I am riding my other horse, because she is so attached to me, I am having to put her in a pen closer to the arena that I am riding in, for fear that she is going to hurt herself running around trying to get to me. I will just miss her so much. Give me strength! Why does this have to be so hard? Doing the right thing?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 06:19 AM
Will It Ever Change?

*hugs* the right thing is never easy, just remember that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up I think she may have sold already!

I think my mare may have sold already. I am waiting on one more call back from this really nice lady, but it is sounding pretty good. And I am hoping that this is the home for Miss. The woman is getting the horse for her 5 year old daughter. You could hear the little girl in the background, wanting to ask all of her own questions. The little girl is in love with Miss already. They have asked for additional pictures already, which I have sent. They live on a farm, plenty of room to ride. They are starting on the building of a barn and lien-to today, as I write. A certified riding instructor lives right next door and is just waiting to start this little girl in lessons. Now, they just need the horse. The only thing that is stopping them is the price of the horse. They were looking in the area of $1,500, but I am staying firm of my price of $2,500. I could have asked for more, but the market for horses here where I live is just not that great and I need to sell Miss. If this lady really wants her, she will come up with the money. But if I had to pick from the people who are interested and wanting her, I would definitely pick this lady! She sounds perfect and I would feel great about letting Miss go. Wish us luck!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 02:05 PM
RAT ADDICT

I am sorry that you have to do this...but it is for the best by the sounds of it.Good luck!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 02:43 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Aww! I hope the little girl gets her! I know it's tough but I think if you're screening the potential buyers, you'll find the right home for her and make it a little easier to let her go.

Rhonda

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 04:04 PM
is a little "special"

I hope she gets a good home! Id buy her if I could, but Im still saving up... Unless yould sell her for $85! XD JK. Good luck tho hun!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Hello Earthling

Wow that would be one freakin lucky kid. I hope you fine her a good home

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Well, the home to the little girl fell through, after they purchased the lumber for the barn and the fence, reality hit and they decided that they had to keep to their budget of a horse in the price neighborhood of $1,500. Too bad. But, last night another lady called. She ownes two Tennessee Walker horses and is a Grandma to two small children and lives very close to me! She wants a calm horse that she can lead her grandchildren on. We talked for awhile and she wants to meet Miss this weekend. Then, there is another woman, who is alot like me, who is just getting back into horses and needs a calm horse to get her confidence back on, and she is meeting with me the weekend after next. So, there are two more people that I really like that I am meeting with. And, yes, I am screening pretty close. No horse dealers for Missy. She is still the love of my life and this sale, even though it is for the best, is killing me.
Oh, and Scarlette (Rhonda), you doll, thank you for taking the time to respond to my post and for caring. You have enough on your plate right now, but you took the time to care about me, you are just too nice. Thank you.