Might be getting a new horse - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 02:28 PM

Horse dealers, I will never get them. But, that is all that they are . . . DEALERS! They really don't care about the horses. They aren't like us at all. I've grown very wise over the last year and a half towards them. It is so sad. Did you know what I found out? And this kills me! I recently found out that people are taking their horses (good ones!) to the place where they sell them for slaughter just because they can't afford them anymore! This is driving me nuts. A friend of mine is trying to rescue some of them, but she just doesn't have all of the money in the world. She found a beautiful tennessee walker worth tons of money that was there simply because the owner no longer desired it! Just wanted to get rid of it quickly and took it there and dumped it. AAGGHHHHH. I have heard so many more stories like that. Don't they know how many 4-H kids would LOVE to have horses for free? AND would love to take care of them, could afford the boarding, but just not the initial payment of purchasing a horse?!!! This kills me. I guess her friend has gotten several perfectly good horses from this meat market slaughter place. Nothing wrong with the horse, just been dumped because the owner could no longer afford them. Geez. Bring them to me. I'll find them a home for you! Maybe I should run an ad in the paper. The only problem is, I just don't have the funding. There just has to be a way. Oh, I can feel my blood pressure rising!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 09:26 AM
RAT ADDICT

I see ads for free horses here ALL the time...if I didn't live in the city and could afford the upkeep of a horse,I would go for it!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 11:31 AM
Zippy Chickenshorts

Hope everythinks okays, good luck xx

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10