My Fallow Deer - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Resident Chatroom Blonde

My Fallow Deer

WE also got a chance to get 3 fallow deer.We have a buck and 2 doe.They are around 9 months old.I bought them from a friend of mine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Those are pretty neat. Are they pretty similar to white tail deer? How big do they get?

Rhonda

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Resident Chatroom Blonde

They get as big as whitetail,and are similar.I have read they never lose their spots.They are really sweet but still are not able to touch them.They were never messed with when they wee little and I am afraid they will never settle down enough to touch.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 06:03 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I'm sure with time and patience they will be just fine.

Rhonda

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 06:41 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

They are adorable Runt!

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Aww they are beautiful! Hopefully you'll beable to touch them sometime

Shannon

Mother to a beautiful girl!

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Adorable!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Thank you all we have had them for awhile and they are calmer than they were but hubby said the other day he don't think we will ever be able to touch them.I am going to give them another month and if they don't settle down anymore then I will take them out of the Kennel and let them run in the pasture we fenced off for them.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 10:01 AM
PT's Official Law Breaker

They are so pretty.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 06:48 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

They are lovely, congrats!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Thanks

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 05:57 AM
Newborn Pup

If you work with them they may come to trust you. It's a lot easier if they are started when their just little fawns though. From what I understand, the trouble people have when raising wild fawns is not getting them so used to humans that they will never leave. When we were kids my aunt took us to a deer park in California that had a lot of Fallow deer. Talk about getting mobbed, those were some really tame deer!

Too cool, have fun with them.