My Horse and I have bonded! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Wink My Horse and I have bonded!

Yesterday, I had to have my horses feet trimmed and the horse that I am keeping, has issues with her feet being trimmed. I have been working with her through the winter, just alot of patience and kindness and persistence. Well, yesterday's trimming went so much better! I was so excited for her. While I was standing with the farrier talking, Partee, my horse, took her nose and gently nuzzled my neck and hair as if to say "thank you, Mom". Then, she just gently left her nose there to be close to my neck. It was so touching. She took my heart again! There was no threat of her biting, you could only feel the love from her. She is such a cool horse, I just had to share. She has thrush in her front feet and I am working with that little problem now. The farrier is coming back in two weeks to put shoes and a special cover on her feet so that she can be ridden without it hurting her. I believe that this will be her first set of shoes. But, he believes that she can do it. I am so proud of her. This may be a silly story for some, but I am just bursting with love today and had to share! Thanks so much for listening! I love my horses!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Guarded by Waffles

Awwww. Wish my horse would behave like that! She's sweet to me until she sees me pull the halter out of the garage then she takes off running!

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Will It Ever Change?

awww congrats on the horsey love!!!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan