Need help/advice - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Need help/advice

This is an email that I have sent my vet. She is out of town right now so I am awaiting her reply.

wondering if anyone here may be able to shed some light on my issue.

Thanks!
Lauren
Hi There!,

I have a few pics attached to show u the situation with my mare Cassie.

Last night I had noticed that she had several bites on one side (I thought it was bites from the other horses).

Tonight we saw more areas and decided to investigate further. It appears that she is literally losing her coat.

Back earlier this winter when u were in to do Splinter's teeth we noted that he had lice. The next day and 14 days later, we deliced them. Everysince they all seem to have the powder still on their skin. I may have used too much.

Wondering if the delicing powder may have caused this sudden loss of hair?

I groomed her only a week ago and was amazed that the others had alot of hair coming off them and she hadn't had a single hair coming off. Now all of a sudden she is going bald!!! Her previous owners have told me that she doesn't really lose her coat like most horses, one day its there and she loses it on her own so naturally that u don't even notice it.

If you feel along her coat it is lumpy and if you pull on an area, she goes bald.

Her diet has always been the same except a few days ago I gave her a slice of bread for the first time. Basically they are on legacy and hay.

Don't really no how to explain this and the pics are not the best. She seems fine otherwise.

Now I run into the situation of how to treat this, whatever it is and also the temps are still very cold during the nights here and sunshine during the days.

Any suggestions you may have would be deeply appreciated, as this really has me bothered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I can't help you with your horse problem, but for some future advice I suggest you don't use internet shorthand when writing a professional email like that... use you, are, know, instead of u, r, no... its just distracting

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Part of the Pack

Ooh sorry about that I dont really know. Hopefully your vet can give you good advice. Hope she gets better soon!

Horses simply love running around.They enjoy flexing their muscles, arching their tails in the air, rising up powerfully on their hind legs, and then thundering off at full speed. In between the gallop strides they buck exuberantly and toss their heads joyfully. After repeating their show a couple of times, they pause for a moment to look around with widely flared nostrils, as if to ask: Has everyone seen us? Aren't we simply fantastic? We urge them to move again. They react on the spot, hooves flying with delight.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Newborn Pup

If it hurts her then carefully go over it if you used to much give her a nice warm bath
worse comes to worse shell need a blanket