In Need of Someone To Talk to About Horses!!! Anyone Out There?? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

In Need of Someone To Talk to About Horses!!! Anyone Out There??

I just need some "horsey" talk. My friend that I used to talk to all of the time with horses has since sold her horse boarding place and gone into the restaurant business with her husband and is working a full time job - leaving me . . . kinda lonely. I have plenty to do, but I need someone to talk horses with. Anyone out there? Hee Hee.

These are my two beautiful horses. I don't have the baby anymore, I gave him to a friend .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 11:19 AM
RAT ADDICT

I am city folk,so I don't get to be around horses much.

But I wanted to comment on the pics,just telling you they are beautiful! I told you that before,but horses are gorgeous animals and I LOVE seeing them,even if it is just a picture.

Just recently,a couple of weeks ago I got the pleasure of being around one of the police horses,Vince.Here are a couple of pics of him.He is beautiful and sooo big!!

This is my daughter down in the corner!!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Guarded by Waffles

I just want to say I have two SPOILED horses that live with my parents out in the country. One is mine and she's barn sour right now because I can't get out to ride her anymore College has just taken over my life right now. My dad's horse (A quarter horse) thinks he is a dog. They are more pets than anything right now. I want to breed mine but since I don't have the time to ride her I KNOW I won't have the time to train her foal. I will post pictures when I get back home (I'm waiting for class to start right now)

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Beautiful pictures of the police horse!! Wow, where we live, those don't even exist.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 03:34 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzKityLvsBrdsTo View Post
Beautiful pictures of the police horse!! Wow, where we live, those don't even exist.
Thats too bad,they are truly gorgeous! There are two that patrol St.Johns (my city).Canada is well known for mounted police.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Playful Pup

I'm always free to talk about horses haha, I just love them.

We havn't been able to see about moving those 12 horses yet, because where they are is close to Surrey and they aren't allowed to move animals because of the Foot and Mouth, so we have to wait a little longer.

My horses are doing good, have been out on Luca for most of today, riding out with 2 girls who are terrified of their horse. She's a beautiful Highland mare, and I can't wait to ride her. I had to dismount Luca and lead Flower past a lot of obsticles. I am going down the girls house tomorrow to give her a lesson, she's very nervous and doesn't really know how to control her horse, so I'm going to help her on that.

Raine is now 6 Months and nearly all grey, here's a picture of her now.

~ Tralissa Andalusians Stud ~

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 06:12 AM
Adolescent Pup

cute ash brown horsie....all of them are cute but the really really big ones scare me

Happy Mommy To A Boy Mini Rex
Named Thumper

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 08:35 AM
Guarded by Waffles

Junior:

Winter:

Winter:

Christine
Mommy to:

And the rest:

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Nino, Raine is beautiful. I was wondering where you went and what happened to the 12 horses. Love to hear updates.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Christine, Winter is just beautiful. Reminds me of my horse, Miss. Both of your horses are beautiful. Do you ride much? How do you ride? Pleasure or do you show?

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 04:21 PM
Adolescent Pup

wow pretty horses

i rode one once at pine grove dude ranch....she was pretty...but her boyfriend was too and he was big

Happy Mommy To A Boy Mini Rex
Named Thumper

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Guarded by Waffles

I did western pleasure for a while. i have stopped riding because I live an hour away from them and don't have time anymore. college has taken over my life. We might have to sell them if my dad gets a job further away. I am a little upset about that but want Winter to be useful and not just barn sour.

Christine
Mommy to:

And the rest:

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 01:52 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Hi HI

If you don't have enough horsey people to talk to I am here . I own a 11yrold 15.3H tobian paint gelding I've owned since he was 8 and train him myself (because I have no life). Then I have a 16H 16yr old TB mare I am currently training because with college I only have time for my one boy. I've been riding horses for 15years and showing them for 8 years. I just got back from California state show of champions with Dartanion my paint and we came in 4th out of ~106 people in our catagory. Hehe I love him and I'm all about horses. I am going to compete in Halter, showmanship, western pleasure, and trail next year . I plan on holding my own show at our ranch in January . Ok ok enough about me here some pictures of Dartanion and Jewels (my mare).

Dartanion at the end of show season before States

High Point award Dartanion won (since he does all the work)

Confo shot for halter

Picture from States

First ever halter class (he has the flames)

Western Pleasure shot

Jewels My mare

Jumping 2'9"

My Kids:6
, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 07:24 PM
Guarded by Waffles

I MISS SHOWING! Actually I miss my horses being trained. They have become barn sour. I pull out a halter and they run...I don't even get close to them! Actually I just step out of the barn with it and they start walking away...wierd. I had my horse Winter trained and did most of it myself and we won lots of ribbons on her....then we moved and I couldn't find any shows nearby...Plus then I started college

Congrats on training the horses yourself! Thats a great accomplishment isn't it?

Sorry I like to

Christine
Mommy to:

And the rest:

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 09:44 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

hehe I'm sorry that your babies walk away, My mare liked to run from me >.< and then my gelding would follow her >.< GAH! mares lol. I've so fare been able to trick them by bringing a bucket of food out hehe. Now when they see me they run to me for treats lol.

My Kids:6
, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats