Photos! New Horse - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

New Horse

Okay.. So for reasons I don't want to mention on here. I had to sale Soda. My dad felt bad about me having to sale her and bought me a new horse. But she really isn't a new horse.

This is her "story". My uncle bought two horses from a friend of ours who had to go in the hospital. One was a Black and White Walking horse Mare. The Other was a Tri-Colored Paint Mare. Both had a chance of being bred. But the owner wasn't sure. Well my uncle's GF decided she wanted the Blk/white mare. So he brought the Tri-colored one to my brother to ride (to mainly make sure she was broke and such) so he could sale her. While she was here me and my brother fell in love with her. (She acts just like my 14 yr old Paint Mare.) Well me and him called eachother at the same time lol He wanted to know if I was going to call Dubbie (my uncle) about buying her. Well Lewis (My brother) already had the money to buy her with and I would have had to make payments. So we decided he should go ahead and buy her (It wasn't like I could ride her lol, we live right across from eachother). Well Lewis bought her and told me that he would never sale her and if he did her would let me know so I could buy her from him. I guess it was a couple months later and him and his wife were having problems and she moved out. Well all his bills were do. Another friend of ours came buy. Lewis was joking and said "Do you want to buy a horse" Well guess what? He bought her. Lewis needed the money that day and I didn't have it that day. (I had part of it but he needed it all so he could pay his bills). I was heartbroken and mad all at the same time. Well at the time I was in the process of selling Soda. So my dad called Lance (The guy who bought her) and asked him if he would hold her for a week while I tried to sale Soda. (He knew it was killing me to sale Soda but it was the only way. And he thought if I had another horse if would take my mind off Soda.) Well Lance agreed to hold her for one week. And this past Sunday is when I had to have the money by and go over there and pick her up. So Friday the lady came and bought Soda. And Sunday I went over there to get her. While I was there 3 people called wanting to buy her and one guy even showed up!! So I got there in time.. lol She is a GREAT horse. Sorry this turned out to be so long....I just didn't want yall to think I bounce from horse to horse. I mean this was a horse I already knew and spent everyday with..
Her information

Name: While my brother owned her, he called her Country Girl. But it didn't fit her. So I renamed her, Dancing in the Rain.

Height: 15.3hh

Breed: Paint/Quarter Horse

Extra: Due to foal this month (I think she will be more of Sept.)

And now Piccy's!!

This is my 3 yr old Neice and Her.

Again

The foal behind her is his other mares baby.

Lewis and Rain

Again

My dad and her

Again

Continued

<3My "Fur" Kids<3
*Rascal, Avalanche: Doggy's*
~Dixon Chance: Cat~
<>Fortora Farms Grey Arrow: Mini Colt<>

Last edited by An1ma1Lov3r; 08-29-2008 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Color was to light.. Had to Darken it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

50 and still riding lol

This one is my favorite! She looks so relaxed.

Kendra and her.

Again

and the last one.

<3My "Fur" Kids<3
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Oh, and these were taken when Lewis owned her.. She is BIGGER now..I will go out maybe today and get some more pics. It's been raining since I brought her home so I really haven't been able to do much with her. lol

<3My "Fur" Kids<3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 10:53 AM
Hello Earthling

Aww cute. Congrats on the new horse

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 11:19 AM

Oh, hun! She is BEAUTIFUL. You know how I am with Paints! MY FAVORITES! Congrats. I'm sorry about Soda, but I totally understand. And, I do not think you are bouncing around with horses. Heck, look at my record in the last year and a half and I look like I am a yo-yo but it was totally due to circumstances and was not my fault. LOL. But I have learned alot. I am so excited for you. She is so pretty. I love the name you picked for her. And it is great that you have been able to ride her too. She looks so relaxed and layed back. Looks like she will be a good mamma too. Ooooh, I bet she will have a cute little paint baby! YAY, another PAINT horsie on the forum. HOORAY!!! More pictures as soon as the weather clears up, o.k.? I will look forward to them. I am due to post more of my girl soon too. My problem is that they keep running the sprinklers where she is at and she LOVES the sprinklers! LOL So everytime I go out to see her, she is soaking wet. Not the best for pretty pictures or videos. hee hee. My husband and son are going out of town to a football game this weekend and maybe I will go out and dry her off for a photo session this weekend. I miss her. Wish we were closer so we could ride together! I'll look later for your pictures! I'm so excited for you! YAY!!!!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thanks Charlene.. I thought you would like her hehe.. She is bred to a Black/White paint..So I'm hoping to get a Paint lol Yeah I wish we lived closer as well.. I need someone other then my 11 yr old sister to ride with haha... Yes I think I will go out today and take some piccy's to show you.. She is beautiful! And has such a personality.. I went out yesterday to blanket her (so she wouldn't get so wet) and she took the blanket and ran through the field with it hahaha..

<3My "Fur" Kids<3
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 04:54 PM

Oooooh, sounds like you might get a paint baby! YAY! Can't wait. I love babies. But, oh, the torture! You are going to have a new paint baby to play with and I can't touch. hee hee. You must furnish ALOT of pictures, o.k.?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Yes..I promise there will be LOTS of Pics.. Hehe and it dosen't look like it's going to be long.. She's already bagging up and starting to wax...So from what we are estimating maybe 48 hours lol

<3My "Fur" Kids<3
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 06:38 PM

Oh, how exciting! Be sure to take some pictures of how she looks before she has her baby. I hope you get to see her have her baby. That would be awesome. Have your camera ready.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 07:04 PM
RAT ADDICT

She's beautiful...congrats!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008, 01:42 AM

I love horses...beautiful pics!