New Horse! Yay - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

New Horse! Yay

I just got a new Horse!! YAY! I am soooo HAPPY! lol I have been looking at her for about a month now, and finally got her today. It started raining right after we got home so I didn't get a chance to take Pictures but I am hoping for a pretty day tomorrow so I can get lots to show everyone. But I will go ahead and tell everyone about her.
Breed: Tennesse Walking Horse
Height: 15hh
Color: Black with a star on her forehead.

Okay now comes the fun part lol. I'm wanting to get back into showing, so I got her. But the thing is she is a little under weight. She had just had her colt taken off her a month ago and the vet said that was the reason she was a little under weight. But my question is what should I feed her to get her to put on some weight?

Okay now I have a few more. I'm wanting to get her ready to show by Sept. if possiable. Just a few of our local shows. Nothing big yet. But how should I go about getting her ready. I mean like I said she is a little under weight and all and I don't know if I should wait for her to put some weight on or what. And if I shouldn't be riding her what do you reccomend? Thanks so much.
And I will hopefully get some pictures tomorrow! lol.

<3My "Fur" Kids<3
*Rascal, Avalanche: Doggy's*
~Dixon Chance: Cat~
<>Fortora Farms Grey Arrow: Mini Colt<>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

I forgot until I was reading over the post. Her reg. name is Copy's Royal Queen but we have given her a barn name. And that is Gypsy.

<3My "Fur" Kids<3
*Rascal, Avalanche: Doggy's*
~Dixon Chance: Cat~
<>Fortora Farms Grey Arrow: Mini Colt<>
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 03:40 AM

Congratulations Megan!!!! Wow, you can sure tell you are on Cloud 9!!! I bet you don't get any sleep tonight. I am so happy for you. She sounds beautiful. I can't wait to see pictures tomorrow. When I was trying to put weight back on my mare, I supplemented her hay with grain mixed with canola oil. It can put back on the pounds. There is also a mix that is out there just for mares that have just had babies, I can't remember what it is called, but your local grain and feed lot should be able to help you with what to pick out. Make sure she has been wormed too. Oh, and if Scarlette doesn't see this post, PM her, she is a really good one to ask about horses and so is uMgaziRatRescue. Good luck and have fun!! Congrats again!! Can't wait to see those pictures tomorrow.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.