New - Pictures of my horse - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

New - Pictures of my horse

I'm new to these forums, and thought maybe I should introduce myself (and animals!).
My horse is an 8 year old Arabian gelding. He's a wonderful boy with an excellent, willing personality. He lives to please. At this time he's boarded at a stable, but I'm hoping I can find a house (in the market to buy right now) where I can move him with me. Here's hoping!
He actually hates water, though you wouldn't know it by this picture!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 09:54 PM
RAT ADDICT

He is stunning!
I always loved Arabians! I love their upturned noses!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 10:21 PM

Gorgeous! I am in love with him already, that coloring is to die for!!

Do you ride in any kind of events, or just a pleasure rider?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

It's all pleasure riding now. He's "green", but really just needs miles under saddle.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 10:36 PM

Is he your only horse?
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Yup, he's my only horse at this time. I had a horse prior to him, but sadly she had to be put to sleep due to a tumor on her kidney. She was also a flea-bitten gray Arabian.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 10:48 PM

Aww poor girl, sorry to hear about that.

So, If you get a house, will he be the only horse there? Does he live solo right now? My horses go NUTS when they are left without any other horses. We always have to keep them in 2's, whether they are just in the barn or out in the arena, so no one is stressed out.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Right now he's housed around other horses, but doesn't really have a buddy. The horses seem to get moved around a lot and sometimes he'll have a neighbor in the next pipe corral, and sometimes he doesn't. He doesn't seem to mind too much. Actually... growing up he was always more bonded with me. He likes being around the other horses, but he never minded being taken away, as long as he got attention.
I am a little bit concerned about moving him by himself, that's one thing that's going through my head. If I do find a house, I won't be able to move him right away either, I'll have to get it set up for him first. However, he might not do too bad either, since he'll be with me and get a lot more attention (which seems to be what he really wants). Overall he's still a horse, but he's a "people horse", if that makes sense. Depending on how things go, I might look at finding him a buddy. Afterall... my husband will need a horse to ride when he gets back from his deployment.
If I do see about getting a second horse... I'll have to see what the options are. Might go with a rescue or rehome of some sort, or an older "retired" horse (that is, retired from "work" but not necessarily from riding). I could also look at adopting a mustang. They might take training and handling, but if the horses are on the property with me I'll be there all the time to devote that time, training, and handling to them. I used to work at an Arabian breeding stable, and had helped tame/train rescued (mistreated) horses, a mustang, and the young foals. In fact, Salty was born there shortly after I started working there, and most of his training in his entire life has been by me! I'm not bragging though - I don't profess to be an expert. Merely an "amateur" that knows enough to get by, but also knows her limits and when she needs to seek help.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 01:18 AM
Amateur Zookeeper

He is a beautiful horse!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 09:06 AM
Newborn Pup

Lovely Arabian,

What a pretty arabian horse. And you ride english too. I used to teach riding to many children and adults. But it looks like you might do dressage. Very nice horse.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 03:14 PM
Adolescent Pup

awww such a beautiful horse, i never met an arabian before so i think your lucky to have one

R.I.P gerbil- tiger
R.I.P gerbil- Benny
R.I.P Hamster - Holly
R.I.P Gerbil- Badger
R.I.P Cat- Blacky
R.I.P bird- jem
Forever i will remeber and miss you
i miss you tocco and the other babies
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 12:25 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marg12 View Post
What a pretty arabian horse. And you ride english too. I used to teach riding to many children and adults. But it looks like you might do dressage. Very nice horse.
I still consider myself a beginner, but have learned very basic dressage. I also have a little Western trail saddle, but want to trade it in for something a little nicer (not fancy, just better than this one). Right now it's all for pleasure, don't know if I'll ever show, but I do like dressage!
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Fashion Animal Freak :)

He is stunning! your very lucky to own such an animal!
x

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 05:06 PM

Beautiful horse! I have always had a special place in my heart for arabians, unfortunatly I always had to deal with the dangerous skrewed up ones that no one else thought were worth thier time....they always turned out to be great horses, but what horse isn't a great horse when given a chance?

I've known horses to be fine without a pasture mate for a while, even for their whole life. Instead of getting another horse which will make for more expenses you could get a goat or retired pony as a pastue mate. They wouln't be as expensive to keep but will still make for good company.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 10:09 PM

Nice horse! I just got going my half arab this summer I should post pics hes 4 so a bit later to get going but still

Tags
intro horse