Pet a horse? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Salamander Burgermuffin

Pet a horse?

Ok so this is prolly a stupid question but.. wheres the best place to pet a horse? Ive never really spent much time around horses, actually in total now i only remember ever touching a horse 5 or 6 times.. so i don't really know much of what they like or don't like.. so when you meet a horse that you don't know too well, but it obviously wants your attention.. where do you pet it? Is there things you should/shouldn't do?
Today we were at this guys house, someone David works with was selling us a table, and he had 2 horses so i went to go pet them while they talked about work stuffs.. I usually try to pet a horses side or neck, as far away from the teeth as possible
But these ones were in a pen so there heads and face were really the only option.. the momma horse seemed to like her nose pet.. or maybe i just liked petting her nose so velvety soft.. And the younger one liked cheek rubs and kept turning his head to the side

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 08:55 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Usually the side of the neck is best if you don't know the horse.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 08:50 AM
Newborn Pup

i like to pet the horses by the neck and i also like to touch the horse's mane.