Playing with a BULL!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Playing with a BULL!!

So, yesterday Patti (CheshireChin) and I went up to Cedarview Farms Exotics to bring her a kitty we've had at the clinic (Sherry adopted her) and pick up the hedgies from Marie.
While we were there, we made friends with Noelly, a Dexter Bull. Basically he's a miniature cow, but still! I never in my wildest dreams think I would be standing in a pasture scratching the back of an adult bull! It was great! Noelly is such a good looking boy and so sweet natured! Here's a pic of Patti and I with Noelly that Sherry took (Patti is in the front, I'm in the back)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Noelly-MandiePatti2-17-05.jpg (31.4 KB, 177 views)

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 04:43 PM

Noelly is a big ole' baby doll isnt he Mandie? You should have seen him last Saturday when Sherry was scratching his back, he kept backing up to get more. LOL
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 04:50 PM
Curmudgeon

I've heard they can be very sweet. They're so gentle, several zoos use them in their petting zoos. I envy you guys!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 04:55 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

That's so cool!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

I know! Patti and I were scratching his back and he kept walking forward and back like he was trying to get us to find just the right spot

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 05:11 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinchilla_Girl
I know! Patti and I were scratching his back and he kept walking forward and back like he was trying to get us to find just the right spot
cute!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 06:32 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

that is too cute.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 06:36 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Red face

He is lovely, lucky you for having the opportunity to get close to him..

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 09:43 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

Awww! that is so cute!!! Last year, at the agriculture fair at my college someone brought a couple with their calf. The bull was a sweety, the cow was a bit more wild, and the calf was about Odie's size!! (Odie's 18 lbs.)

Dimaris

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 10:11 PM

The look on his face when he is getting scratched is so cute, if he could talk he would probably be saying "awwww that feels so good"
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2005, 12:55 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

aw! noelly is the cutest thing!! i wish i could meet him!

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-2005, 12:46 PM
PT's Resident Hermit

noelly is alsome. he is such a sweet heart. his girl, pinkie, is a bit shy but they are the cutest couple.

Kayla

Proud Member of

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Irregular and Proud!

Hey, I know its a little late to get in on this thread, but I've been out of town. Visiting the farm was great fun. My husband just could not picture miniature cows, and this picture has helped him a lot. These guys were just so sweet.

Patti

Back in NC again! (Army wife and proud!)
Chinnies: Maureen, Max, and Muad'Dib
Cats: Daphne (who says, I only play with mousie toys with a string tail and a bell.)
And introducing: Tasselhof and Kittira (Hubbie's childhood cats, who are 10 and 9 repectively)