Police Horses - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Police Horses

Had to share these pics.I was looking thru my pictures on discs and came across these I took in August of this year of the RCMP horses.They are big...and I mean BIG.Their names are Townsen and I forgot the other one's name.Thought you guys would enjoy them!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 06:14 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

They're so beautiful!

---------------------------
Millie
Mom to 2 crazy kitties and 1 African Clawed frog.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 07:04 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Wow! They are gorgeous!

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 05:52 PM
Part of the Pack

aww they are so gorgeous i love horses and i can ride them !!!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria
aww they are so gorgeous i love horses and i can ride them !!!
I wish I could!I live in the city,so not many horses around.There are the police horses and the carriage horses,but none to really ride.There are a couple of pony ride places,but thats exactly what they are...PONY places.I am not gonna be riding a little pony.Last time I rode a horse I was 12 and I learned to drive a carriage when I was 15.

I would love to ride the police horses,but there is no chance of that!

* Lisa *

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

MOUNTIES!! Goodness I haven't seen real Canadian Mounties in YEARS!! There uniforms certainly have changed, for the better!

We have a few mounted police here in Fayetteville in the summertime patroling the downtown historical district. The kids LOVE to go down there and pet the horses They even wanted to help pick up the horse poop!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinchilla_Girl
MOUNTIES!! Goodness I haven't seen real Canadian Mounties in YEARS!! There uniforms certainly have changed, for the better!

We have a few mounted police here in Fayetteville in the summertime patroling the downtown historical district. The kids LOVE to go down there and pet the horses They even wanted to help pick up the horse poop!
Niiicceee...I pick up alot of doggy poop,change poopy diapers and clean up rat poop...I think I will pass on the horse poop!

I think out west,the mounties still wear those red uniforms...I could be wrong tho!They do wear them for the "musical ride" tho!

* Lisa *

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 12:47 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Very nice pictures.
When I'm down in Stanley Park in Vancouver I always stop by the Police Barns and say hi to the off dutey horses, unlike the Mountaies horses these guy's come in all shapes and sizes. Last time I was there one of the Police horses was an Appy, I thought that was very cool.

I Haven't seen an RCMP Horse in a long time, think last time I did it was in Alberta at a show.

Thanks for sharing your photos!

Adoption. Is the living option.
Can't Afford The Vet? Can't Afford the Pet!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 05:15 PM
Title Thief Victim

Im scared of horses..but those are beatiful!

Carissasaurus Rex

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carissa
Im scared of horses..but those are beatiful!
Why are you scared of them?

* Lisa *

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 02:37 PM
Playful Pup

They're so beautiful, they look like friesians. I love Black horses. We don't really have police horses patroling the streets, unless theirs a show on they're their otherwise no. They use our ones for just riots and things like that usuallly. But if you go to horsedeals every now and then they have police horses for sale, this month they have a mare, daugther of Gumbanero for sale it was bay and beautiful. And I want it. oh well. Anyway those horses are beautiful.
Regards Rhiannon

Mynydd Golygfa Mousery. Breeding mice for show and pets on the South Coast.
Flowers are the poetry of earth,as stars are the poetry of heaven.-Anonymous
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Adolescent Pup

i would say they are freisans or some kind of draft mix. most of the mounted officers at the ocean front have draft mixes due to the size of them.. and the more mellow side.

beautful horses none the less.

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWbarnbum
i would say they are freisans or some kind of draft mix. most of the mounted officers at the ocean front have draft mixes due to the size of them.. and the more mellow side.

beautful horses none the less.
They are not friesans.I love friesans,they are one of my favorite horse breeds,but they have feathery legs,while these guys don't.I dunno what these guys are,but definatly not friesans!

* Lisa *

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 02:41 PM
Adolescent Pup

they shave the hair off of their legs if they have feathers.. they roach their mane as well to keep it from getting in the way at all for anything.

there is a percheron at the police table down here that has all of his feathers shaved (percheron is a kid of draft horse for anyone that does not know).

after looking at a few pictures of them, i believe that they are percherons

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWbarnbum
they shave the hair off of their legs if they have feathers.. they roach their mane as well to keep it from getting in the way at all for anything.

there is a percheron at the police table down here that has all of his feathers shaved (percheron is a kid of draft horse for anyone that does not know).

after looking at a few pictures of them, i believe that they are percherons
Thats something I never knew,about shaving the feathery legs...it is possible they could be frisians or a mix of them then.They are really big and stocky like frisians,but they are DEFINATLY not perceherons,not that stocky and I seen a percheron in person and he was huge and really stocky!

* Lisa *