Riding Pictures! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Angry Riding Pictures!

Here is a link link to a 'few' pictures of me riding Maggie (15y/o Quarter Horse mare). I would really appreciate it if you would critique us both. Before you ask, no I don't own her (though I wish I did).

Pictures

-Sara

My Managerie
Skip
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Peanut
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gizmo & Dobby

Lily, Oliver, Jackson & Sassy

RIP my little mouskateers; Chaos, Xerox, Annie, Mollie, Jasper, Willow, Fawn, Harmony, Melody, George, Turtle, Spunk, Fred, Poco Uno, Harry, Mocha and Spazz.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 06:00 PM
Wanted: New Title

I don't know much about riding, so I can't critique you. However, I can tell you that you look like you are on your way to knowing what you are doing. Practice, practice, practice.

I just started reading this book called Intimate Faith. The author uses her experiences of learning to ride and an analogy for having a relationship/faith with/in God. You might want to check it out. I loved the analogy and the book is challenging and teaching me a lot.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 07:05 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I don't know much about riding either - I've only ever ridden very casually. Your pictures are great. Your horse is gorgeous!

It looks like a tremendous amount of fun and you look like a very good rider. :bfly:

[center]

[
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 07:08 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

Your outft looks right and the horse is cute, but as a rider...I have never been on a horse so i cannot critique you either!

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 02:10 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

The only thing I could really see is that you need to keep your toes in more and your heels down. If you're doing an equitation or pleasure class, work on keeping her head and neck a little more down. The neck should be level with the back.....I don't think you need to worry about that in actual jumping classes though as the horse needs to be looking up and forward to the next jump.

You two look really good together. I think you're doing an excellent job.

Rhonda

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Thanks for the help! I'll see if I can find that book, Lizgirl.

-Sara

My Managerie
Skip

Peanut

Gizmo & Dobby

Lily, Oliver, Jackson & Sassy

RIP my little mouskateers; Chaos, Xerox, Annie, Mollie, Jasper, Willow, Fawn, Harmony, Melody, George, Turtle, Spunk, Fred, Poco Uno, Harry, Mocha and Spazz.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 07:10 PM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

I know nothing about this subject so I can't critique you either BUT I think that horse is gorgeous!! And you look good riding him/her!

~ Jodi ~

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2003, 10:19 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

That's a beautiful horse!
I'm no expert but i think you have a good seat and nice leg position- Nice long legs too! Great for becoming a wonderful rider!
I don't no anything about jumping, sorry.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-11-2004, 11:35 PM

Your Horse is beautiful. Are you going to showing any in the AQHA? They have lots of hunter events. The only thing that I can see that you could do, is to gather her face and collect her a little more. I think she will give you a longer stride that way. ALso, when you are working on the flat, try to keep her topline (headset & back) level. It dosen't matter so much in equitation or jumping, but your definatley don't want her head in the air, it is too easy for her to get away from the bit. You look great and I hope you check out some of the AQHA competition.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 10:56 AM
Newborn Pup

BEAUTIFUL mare!! I'm no expert, but your arms look too be in the 'armchair' postion. try keeping them close too your sides, and up a little, other wise, lookin' great!!

hello from tricia(me) buddy, beatrice, astro, minnie, sheep, chickens...

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2004, 11:55 PM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

You have a beautiful horse.You look very nice riding her.

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 02:20 PM
Proud New Mommy

The horse is Beautiful! You look great riding.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau