should i tell some one about the condition of these horses - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

should i tell some one about the condition of these horses

hey i have not had alot of contact with horses, but recently i was able to actually spend some time with one, i didnt ride it, these horses hadnt been saddle trained. how i met them is i was at a bbq with my friends from work. the host had afew acres and they let there neighbors keep horses on them. while they were all drinking and i am not a fan of alcohal i decided to go and say hi to the horses. they hadnt had human contact in a long time it looked like and. the only way i was able to get them to come close to me is by making horse noises, weird talent but i can mimic practically any animal acuratly. they were filthy, my hands turned black after i petted them a little bit. their manes were completly knotted up and there hooves were full of gunk. both of them were beautifull mares one was a light tan with black nose and feet and white mane and tail. the other was chocolate brown with white socks and a diamond on its nose. they looked well fed, but not taken care of, do you think i should report this as animal neglect or not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 03:17 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I don't know. I'm sorry. If you think that they were in bad condition then I think that you should. Good Luck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

if it had just rained they can get muddy and gross very fast.

[/CENTER]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

unfortunatly Animal Control will not be able to do much unless:
1. They do not have access to water
2. They do not have food
3. They are VERY underweight

Hwever, If they have exteremely over grown hoofs you can complain about neglect in that form since horses need new shoes every 3 months but that varys from horse to horse. If you really wanted to maybe you can talk to them about you giving them some TLC if Animal Control can't do anything?? Hope this helps.

My Kids:6
, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 12:28 PM
chinchilla breeder

If they have food water and shelter it isn't considered neglect. As for the way they acted depending on the day my horses will aviod strange people they come over when I call but with other people it can be hit or miss and they get really really dirty. I get dirty hands with them and mine are taken care of well.

Kristy Morici
ABC CHINCHILLAS

Many high quality chinchillas Available..

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Curmudgeon

As others have stated, dirt is not a sign of neglect. If you are really concerned, offer to help the landowner take care of them. Cleaning stables, ensuring that their water is clean and fresh will set your mind at ease. You might also be able to develop some kind of relationship with them. It's very likely he'll let you help out. (I know never turned anyone away who wanted to help muck stalls!). It'll also let you get a better look at the hooves, and maybe find out how often they see a farrier. All good info to know if you are concerned about them.

Bob

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.

Tags
animal services, horses, neglect