The silly things horses do - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-27-2003, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Smile The silly things horses do

I was watching my Paint mare, Maddie, carrying around the grain bucket tonight and I had to laugh. She's such a character! Sometimes I think she's part human when she does some of her silly things. A few years ago she figured out how to pick up the hose when it was running, and squirted one of the youngsters with water. It was so funny. I wish I had a video camera running at the time. She also has a knack for grabbing my jacket when I walk away and she thinks she needs more attention.

One of my other mares, Foxy, knows how to untie knots and can also unclip the snap from her halter. Another mare, Jazzy, likes to pull the blanket off her back before I get the saddle. Anything to delay riding time!

What silly things do your horses do?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-02-2003, 12:02 AM
mydogsrmyangels

Angry

Hmm well, I have to say I'm a little reluctant to post anything about my horses, yours sound so smart Scarlette.lol Well let's see... One of our mares, we call her Big Red, is just soooo moody. I know a lot of mares can have this characteristic, but Big Red is VERY moody. A couple of years before we actually bought her, my husband and I saw her and just kept "wishing" we had the money to buy her. They wanted over $5000 for her. Well the guy really didn't want to sell her but he's a friend of ours and one day came to us and said he couldn't afford to keep her and he would rather lose a little money than her be mistreated etc, so he knew for sure we would take good care of her. So we went to go pick her up and we were pretty upset because she didn't look like herself. She had lost a lot of weight and looked real poor. I got mad at the guy and asked him "how could you do this etc etc, we could've loaned you money if you needed to feed her or any of your animals". So anyway within a couple of weeks she was back to her old self, attitude and everything. One minute she wants you to "baby"her. And the next minute she acts like "move you're in my space". She has a huge rear (like her mom [me ] and a pretty wide chest and will "act" like she wants to try to intimidate you or scare you by moving fast etc. The neighbors probably think I'm crazy because sometimes I yell at her "you better quit it Red". But she's pretty harmless.
We had another horse named Buddy. He was the one that would literally untie himself or let himself out then go and untie or go let out the others. I am not joking or exagerrating, he sooo used to do that. Maybe it was because he was over 20 years old, so he had the "wisdom". Awww I miss him terribly but he went to a real good home. Sorry I'm so long-winded.