wanting to save up for owning a farm in the near future - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

wanting to save up for owning a farm in the near future

lol so this is totally ironic since I am a country girl but I never dreament at all that farming would have an appeal to me but lately thr idea of owning dairy goats, sheep, alpacas, llamas and angora rabbits ( that I might try breeding also)

seem really appealing to me.

I love the idea of having a piece of land with lots of these kinds of animals as well as LOTS of dogs.
(Boxer, Yorkie, Corgi,Great Dane, Irish Wolf Hound, Yorkie,Shorkie, Yorkiepoo, well as wolf hybrid)

lol yes I like a lot of types of dogs and I really like the big breeds as you can see.
but I figured to have lots of animals owning a farm would be a great thing to do. So its me future dreaming and trying to plan out just how much room I would need for all the animals. Any idea thrown out at me would be amazing thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-22-2013, 07:32 AM
Adolescent Pup

Owning a piece of land is a wonderful dream, kala. I had that same dream for many years, and about 12 years ago my dream came true. We currently own about 5 acres, which is home to 1 dog, 1 cat, 5 chickens, and 10 goats. I think though if you wanted all the animals on your list you would need substantially more land than we have. I'm no expert on sheep, alpacas, or llamas, but I would just hazard a guess of about 20 acres???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Where all pets are special!!
(New members welcome and always appreciated!)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pop in and give us a look, and if you like what you see, we'd love to have you join our wonderful community
!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-24-2013, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

yeah I think 20-50 acres sounds like it might work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-25-2013, 10:29 AM
Adolescent Pup

If you like goats, sometime you should drop by our website[listed in my signature] and check out some pics of our goats. They are pretty awesome little critters!!

Where all pets are special!!
(New members welcome and always appreciated!)

Pop in and give us a look, and if you like what you see, we'd love to have you join our wonderful community
!!

Tags
hobby farm