...What's it mean? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

...What's it mean?

Down our street someone moved in with a horse or just bought a horse and we've walked down there a few times. He really seems to like it when we're there. The first time we went he walked up to us slowly and we fed him some green grass from outside the fence... He LOVED it. The other times after that, when he saw us he would trot to the front of the fence to meet us there where we would feed him grass and some treats we brought. The only thing is when we are there, he tosses his head sideways (not very fast) like he's mad or something. I know he's not because he loves when we're there! At least that's what I've always thought. Also he looks at the ground and tries to eat grass but it's all brown inside the fence and until we give him fresh grass, he stomps and snorts. He also tosses his head and runs around in circles. What does all that mean? I know he likes it when we're there and he loves when we bring him treats. Whenever we leave he runs along the side of the fence.. back and forth watching us.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 08:12 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Running around and head tossing can mean he's excited to see you because he knows he's going to get grass. Stomping.....does he have flies on his legs? Snorting can also sound like a sigh, or sometimes they'll snort when they smell something different. He might be smelling the scent of your animals on your clothes.

Rhonda

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2004, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Well it's nice to hear he's happy to see us!! He didn't have any flies on him at all. I know he probably smelled the animals because Im always holding the chins or Mugzlee before I go see him. He's just the cutest thing! It's so hard to walk away with him standing there waiting for me to come back...! Thanks for the advice.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2004, 10:38 PM
Tamora

My horse does the same thing when he's frustrated or playing. Could be that he's impatient and wants more grass

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

I love that horse!! I wish I could gather enough beans to go and talk to the people and ask if I could play with him and stuff...

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 03:09 AM
Adolescent Pup

I hope you do get the courage to go talk to them...they might really apreciate a fellow horse lover with a bit of time to spoil their hooved friend.
Marianne