Working on Western lol - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Working on Western lol

Well... It isn't be best Eq video but we were working on our western jog . Sorry the camra is so shaky, my boyfriend has been fired as camra man LOL. I hadn't riden him in a week I've been on my mare working with her lol. We had a little fight about when he started to canter but he was a good boy . Ignor my crazy mare in the backround lol.

YouTube - Western Jog

My Kids:6
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 5
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 12:45 PM

Darnation is so pretty. Thanks for the video. It looks so pretty where you are. Wish I could be there to video for you. Yea, your boyfriend wasn't quite into it, but it's hard to find a boyfriend or husband that is. I think we need "horse pals" to do the recording. Hee Hee. But it was great! Keep sending those videos! I absolutely love them and Darnation is looking great!

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzKityLvsBrdsTo View Post
Darnation is so pretty. Thanks for the video. It looks so pretty where you are. Wish I could be there to video for you. Yea, your boyfriend wasn't quite into it, but it's hard to find a boyfriend or husband that is. I think we need "horse pals" to do the recording. Hee Hee. But it was great! Keep sending those videos! I absolutely love them and Darnation is looking great!

We're going horse buddy hunting lol so we can ride and get them to film LOL Thnx! D's a bloody mess right now >.< coverd in mud and who knows what else >.< I'm going to make a more interesting video soon. I'm going to put "poor" Dartanion through some spook tests should be fun hehe.

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 12:27 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

My only words of wisdom is that you need to slow it WAY down (as I'm sure you already know). The western jog is about as slow as you can go without making your horse walk. The western canter is also REALLY slow. We're talking crazy slow. About as slow as the jog.

I did the exact opposite as you're doing. I learned western first, won all types of awards at shows and then switched over to english. I found it was much easier to teach the horse to speed up rather than slow down.

Rhonda

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 07:58 AM
Guarded by Waffles

Agreed! Scarlette is right, you need to slow it down to almost a walk, without walking. I won a few awards in western and it was hard to teach my horse to trot that slow...now she is barn sour and doesn't know anything but to run ugh

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlette View Post
My only words of wisdom is that you need to slow it WAY down (as I'm sure you already know). The western jog is about as slow as you can go without making your horse walk. The western canter is also REALLY slow. We're talking crazy slow. About as slow as the jog.

I did the exact opposite as you're doing. I learned western first, won all types of awards at shows and then switched over to english. I found it was much easier to teach the horse to speed up rather than slow down.
Lol yeah i've been working really hard with him >.< Bless him he does his best and always trys to make his mom happy (and always does) I'm starting to re-think doing western pleasure next year because yeah I've seen their gates and that's CRAZY slow lol. I still want to do trail classes and trail trials but.... I don't know about those slow slow gates lol. I also show hunters and jumpers and the last thing I need in a jumper class his a western pleasure lope! LOL

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

I've pretty much decided to X my ideas of doing western pleasure next year. I'll still do trail & trail trials though

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance