Wow!! Go Dartanion!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Wow!! Go Dartanion!!!

I rode over to my friends place today and he had a bail sitting in his field. I've been training Dartanion in Hunters and he does 2'3" ish very nicely. He nice and smooth and learning lead changes very nicely. We haven't shown jumping yet because i would like him (and myself) at 100%. I have a nasty habit of looking down , Lol i'm horrible. We have good days and lazy days lol. OK back to the story lol, I asked how big the bail was and my friend said "About 2ish feet?" so i wanted to jump it because D's never jumped a bail before and i thought it would be something new & fun . SO i take him up to it and i'm looking up but as he takes off i feel that it isn't a 2'ish foot jump! After he landed i went back to the jump and it was 3'6"!!!! and about 2'6" spread . At first i felt stupid for not double checking the jump because me & D could have gotten hurt. Then i freaked out with excitment because D flew over the jump! it felt good because it show'd he trusts me or else he thought it was small too lol. I know 3'6" isn't much but for D it was lol.

My Kids:6
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 5
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 08:29 AM
Guarded by Waffles

Congrats!!!!!!! Thats great!

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 09:33 AM
Will It Ever Change?

wow great job!! i get your D wouldn't want you hurt, he made that jump for you! *dances*

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 12:57 PM
Oily Chickenspew

yay! that sounds exhilarating!!

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

thnx, I'd like to go back and get a picture to post . We'll see maybe once it stops raining and drys up a little. OH! and wish me and Dartanion luck! we have an... I guess "upgraded" show tomorrow!!! It's a step below a rated show but a step above a schooling show. I'm SO excited!!! I'll post pics if i can get my boyfriend to bring his camra . Thanx all again, I will admit D does all the work .

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Yay, Entered 5 classes and got first in all of them!!! (I was in two classes alone so didn't feel like i really "won" but in the other 3 i had competetion!). i'm so proud of D he helped me win the daily High point . Didn't win much, brushes and a bag but if we do well for the next 5 shows then we win the Silver Buckel Series . Go D more than me , I just tell him what to do .

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Oily Chickenspew

OooOOOoooOOOOO congrats!!

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

THNX!!! our next show is May 6th... wait I think I already said that :p

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

Congrats!!!! I think D trusts you too know what you are doing. So keep it up and tell D I said Good Horse and give him a carrot for me.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

:d

Will do!! He'll become your bestfriend after food lmao. I'm so proud of how hard he is working for me. I love D so so much I would do ANYTHING for him. I remember this one time I was having a crappy day so I was out in my field just sitting and watching the horses. I started crying (me & mom has a fight I hate fighting ) and D came and layed down with me! At first I thought he didn't see me so I was going to get out the way. After he layed down I just patted his neck and face. I felt so special, almost like he knew I wasn't feeling great , I love love love him. It's amazing how much animals can get to know us!
Are there any other riders out there who can read their horse like a book? lol I can do that with D and my mare, My mare can read me as well lol. I'll think about cantering and before I ask her she's off. I LOVE ANIMALS

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

I took some pictures of my mare and me jumping today. We did about 3' and the rest were just short of that. We have a "nice" pic of where we had a bit of a tumble over one jump. She worked every hard today though, I'll post pics when I see my boyfriend next weekend because I have no idea how to do it and I don't have the correct slot.

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Exclamation PIcs

Ok, I did my best to photo shop the pic so it didn't look like a camra phone pic lol. Can't see my face very well , I'll be sure to remember that next show. I hope D knows how proud I am of him .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DailyHIghPoint copy.jpg (24.7 KB, 7 views)

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Will It Ever Change?

oh hes beautiful!!!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 02:09 PM
Newborn Pup

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by uMgaziRatRescue
Will do!! He'll become your bestfriend after food lmao. I'm so proud of how hard he is working for me. I love D so so much I would do ANYTHING for him. I remember this one time I was having a crappy day so I was out in my field just sitting and watching the horses. I started crying (me & mom has a fight I hate fighting ) and D came and layed down with me! At first I thought he didn't see me so I was going to get out the way. After he layed down I just patted his neck and face. I felt so special, almost like he knew I wasn't feeling great , I love love love him. It's amazing how much animals can get to know us!
Are there any other riders out there who can read their horse like a book? lol I can do that with D and my mare, My mare can read me as well lol. I'll think about cantering and before I ask her she's off. I LOVE ANIMALS
Wow, that is so special.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

:)

I can't tell you how special I felt that day . Me and D are going on a Poker trail ride tomorrow . Maybe I should just make this post about D and things we do together? lol

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance