X-Rays for my Horse Partee tomorrow (Tues.) 4/1 No Joking - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hooved Animal Discussion For all you hooved animal lovers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 06:26 AM
Curmudgeon

Hey guys, Navicular syndrome is bad, no question. BUT it is not necessarily a death sentence. I've never had an animal with it, but there are LOTS of vets out there with extensive experience with it. There are also lots of treatment options depending on the severity. Keep in touch with your vet, do research on the internet (LOADS of info out there) and don't be afraid to ask about different treatments. If you aren't happy with what you are getting from this vet, try another.

This is one of those things that is so poorly understood by so many that there are a zillion different opinions and treatment suggestions out there. No real facts or cures, but I've heard of animals living in relative comfort for years. Don't assume worst case scenarios yet, and don't give up on her. The strength and comfort she draws from you can be a huge help in whatever comes.

Best Wishes...
Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator

Aww I'm sorry.

I don't know much about horses, but hopefully you can work with your vet to find a good treatment plan for her!

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 09:01 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Best wishes for the horse and you!

--------------------
~Marcia

--------------------------

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 11:52 PM
Adolescent Pup

any update or anything or am I really behind on this?

Mister Go Figure -four year old bay 17hh tb gelding
Margarita, Nyla, & Felix - 3 year old domestic short hair cat, grey kitten
Bunni Bunni - won at a fair albino bunny
Bud - (yellow/green)3 year old parakeet

Dash & Beanie - beige hooded & agouti hooded rats
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 04:34 AM Thread Starter

Hi, manyjumps93. I ended up practically giving my poor little mare to a woman who takes care of horses like her. I knew I did not have the finances, time or skill to take care of Partee and I still wanted to see her get a good home. She is currently living in Walla Walla, WA as a brood mare, taking the rest of her life easy. The woman loves Paints and promised me that she would take care of Partee and make sure she would be comfortable. It was a hard decision to make, giving her up, but it was for the best. She is being well cared for.

post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 08:43 AM
Playful Pup

i feel so sorry for you. i don't know much about horses but i'm sure you did the right thing
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Adolescent Pup

aw oh ok yeah sounds like the right thing to do. Just like me practically giving lady to a nice women was the right thing for me to do. Right now I do not have what it takes to break a horse properlly to make her a good horse.

post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

manyjumps, I love how you have your page set up! How did you get it set up so that when you hit "click for album" it goes directly to your pictures?

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Adolescent Pup

lol thanks you put [url= LINK HERE WITHOUT SPACE] click for album [/url ] without all the spaces. xD

Tags
sit still