Anyone ever hear of this? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in the Wild Want to share something about a wild or endangered animal? Look here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Anyone ever hear of this?

I was talking to Dan today, and he said something about it being illegal to feed squirrels?

I have never, ever heard of that. If it is true, I think it's a load of crap.

I want to buy a feeder specifically for squirrels. I know around here a lot of people complain about the squirrels getting into the bird feeders and eating the seed. Plus, I think squirrels are so adorable and remind me of chinnies.

So, if anyone can verify if this is true or not, that would be helpful. Oh, and I live in Wisconsin, so I don't know if it would be just a state thing or not, provided it's true.

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 11:15 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

I've never heard of that! I love how the squirrels get into the bird seed, it's so cute!
But I have heard of this one bird feeder that has a spinning bottom to it, and spins the squirrel off if it goes on it. It's so funny to watch the commercials, but it's really mean! Since it's activated when a heavy object presses down on the bottom, does that mean that if a big bird lands on it, it can't eat either?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 11:26 PM
Princess in Waiting

Check with your state Game and Wildlife commission. Usually it is only illegal to take a baby squirrel from her mother and try to raise it as a pet. Should she continually push the squirrel from the nest it is usually a sign that there is something wrong with the squirrel and it would not live past a certain age anyway because of an internal problem.

If you have your license from either your county or state it is better for both of you. You should take classes that will explain to you exactly what you should be looking for and what signs that will tell hou that squirel is dying.

If I can be of any more help, please contact me.

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 04:46 PM
Kansas City Chinchillas

I have never heard that it is illegal to feed the squirrels in your own yard. Perhaps it is illegal to feed squirrels in some public areas but I have never heard of that either.

Cathy
Kansas City Chinchillas