Bathroom Spider! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in the Wild Want to share something about a wild or endangered animal? Look here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
User Is No Longer Welcome

Bathroom Spider!

This is a spider that lives in my bathroom. He/she has been living in the same spot for at least 4 months. It does a really good job of eating other little bugs, so I let it stay. It needs a name! Maybe Charlotte, lol.

Anyone know what type it is?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 09:48 AM
Obsessed with Criss Angel

Hehe xD Charlotte is what i'm naming my tarantula when I get her next month

Don't know the type
But aren't spiders adorable?!?!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Yes, I like them

I have another spider that lives in my house, but It hard to find him. I never have my camera on me, when I got back he is gone! He is one of those jumping spiders, lol. I haven't seen him for awhile though, so I don't know if he is still around.

Once he was caught in "Charlottes" web, so I had to rescue him. He may have not recovered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 05:31 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

THAT iS THE CUTEST SPiDERR EVERR i WANTT ONEE [=
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 05:38 PM
Title Thief Victim

kinda cute.....very strange but interesting looking

Carissasaurus Rex
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 06:33 PM
Still Waiting

That is a really cute spider! Good pic of him too! I have a toad that lives at my house...he comes around every night and hops on my shoes

Rest in peace my sweet babies; Sweetie and Butterz.
You will forever be missed
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 07:23 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

heh, i hate spiders , sorry, but when i was little, the only bathroom in our house was in the basement and there was always a spider in it, so my mom named it Harvey so i wouldnt be scared.. (funny how naming something changes the way a kid feels about it) anyway... for years after that any long legged spiders name was harvey.. and when we moved from that house, on the very last car trip from that house there was a spider in the back window.. so i told my mom harvey was coming with us. heh.. i still dont like spiders..

My Furry Family
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 09:12 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Cool! We've had several bathroom spiders, hehe. There was one spider that lived in our house for a while and I named him Jerry for some reason .

Jerry:

In our basement we have wolf spiders and although I find them interesting I would never want to mess with them, hehe.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 09:20 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

i think spiders are interesting too.. when there outside! heh, i cant complain tho, at my moms house we've always had spiders and centipeds in our basement.. i hated them, but we've never had problems with roaches, and both ours neighbors had horrible roach problems.

My Furry Family
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 09:33 PM
Title Spy

I never kill spiders when I see them in the house, even though they kinda creep me out. I just feel too bad. We have a deal: I let them live, they stay away from me while I sleep.

Something tells me they aren't keeping up their end up the deal.

Owned by:
Three kitties (Hank, Napoleon, and The White One), two degus (Jay and Silent Bob), and a new chihuahua puppy (Gidget).

Special Pets in Heaven:
Bogus (cat), Dixie (dog), The Orange One (cat), baby iguana, and Charlotte (dog). I miss you all so much.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 09:48 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

I've had spider bites and for me that's NO good. I've had 3 that I can remember: 1. I was around 4. It gave me a fever and made me so sick that I couldn't ride in the car because I puked. 2. A few years ago when I was 16. It just swelled super big and opened like like a nasty lesion. I was given antibiotics and it went away. 3. This past summer. It made my foot swell up and I couldn't walk on it. I was given antibiotics and it went away. I have scars from ALL three.
Although it was confirmed that they weren't from poisonous spiders I still can't think of anything else that would give me a reaction like that. I've been bitten by ants and mosquitoes and although sometimes it gets on the nastier side with mosquitoes, it doesn't require antibiotics. I just find it safer to call them spider bites even if they're not from a spider

Anyway I don't wanna hijack...

I just wanna say that if I see a spider I don't kill it. We get TONS of spiders that camp out on our side porch. My dad installed a motion detected light the draws a lot of bugs. I guess the spiders think they can catch bugs easier that way. One time I went out there and stopped counting at 15. I don't kill them, I just leave them be. They all look the same so I guess I'll have go get pics sometime. I don't have any inside, I guess because they're all outside. There was one that finally went away around December. Global warming has made it too warm here...hehe

*Missy*
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 07:00 PM
RAT ADDICT

LEGS!

Those spiders are always in my house and my mom's house.I love them and think they are cute.Anytime I see one,I name it "Legs".The one in your pic is female.

Anyway from what I looked up a long time ago when I first seen a spider like this,is that they are the TRUE daddy long leg spider.They are Pholcus phalangioides and are sometimes called "cellar spiders" or "vibrating spiders",as well as "daddy long legs".They have a very potent venom,but their jaws are too small to do any harm to people.

Those ground ones outside are not actual daddy long legs.They are actually called "harvestmen" and are a completely different species.

Here is just a page with some pictures...
http://www.nicksspiders.com/nicksspi...langioides.htm

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

lol, you know lisa.. i think you may have a bit too much time on your hands

how do you know its female?

My Furry Family
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 07:09 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelnstuff
lol, you know lisa.. i think you may have a bit too much time on your hands

how do you know its female?
LOL!

Actually I don't have enough time on my hands...I am really busy during the day,but my nights (most of them) are spent either on here or other forums and researching stuff...teehee!

It is a female because the males have very large palps compared to the female...here is a male picture...

http://www.usq.edu.au/spider/find/sp...ges/508E10.jpg

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info Lisa. I was wondering what it was! There are a lot here around my house. Although bf hates them, I usually let them be. We have sugar ants really bad when its warm and those spiders always seem to catch them in their webs. So id rather keep them, than the ants.

I have tons of spider pictures if you all want to see them. Mostly of wolf spiders I have taken around my house.