Bird with broken wing... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in the Wild Want to share something about a wild or endangered animal? Look here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2004, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Bird with broken wing...

We found a bird with what I'm sure is a broken wing on our front walk. We have her in a box right now and a call is into my vet who is trying to reach a wild-life rehabber for assistance. Does anyone know of any rehabilitators around Fayetteville, NC? I have an e-mail into Kindra Mammone also and am waiting to hear back from her.
If anyone can think of anything...let me know.
Thanks

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2004, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

I found one that specializes in songbirds and gave her a call. We met up and I delivered the bird to her. She was SO nice! She immediately identified it as a baby morning dove who had just finished getting it's feathers. Upon the short examination when we met up, she said it didn't look too bad and might just be a bad sprain or just a minor break. She then explained her course of action and that when well enough, she will release it in her backyard with the other morning doves that come to feed on her birdfeeders. She explained all that to the kids as well so they wouldn't worry too much. I'm really glad I found her as I really feel comfortable with the little bird in her care.

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 05:43 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

That's great! It's so nice when you get a good vibe from someone.

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 07:43 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

It's great that you ran into someone who truly cared about the bird. I knew a rehabber who seemed more interested in the number of animals she took in than the number she was able to release. Be sure to keep the woman's number - hope you don't need her again but let's be on the safe side!!

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crittercall
It's great that you ran into someone who truly cared about the bird. I knew a rehabber who seemed more interested in the number of animals she took in than the number she was able to release. Be sure to keep the woman's number - hope you don't need her again but let's be on the safe side!!
I actually got her name and number from a list of bird rescuers in my area from Kindra Mammone who does exotic rescue in Chapel Hill, NC. She was the first on the list that was home when I called and she did ask me a lot of questions before accepting the little one. She seemed very knowledgable and also does small mammal rescues such as squirrels...she said she had a few. I'm definetly keeping her number on hand for future reference and she took mine also as she has come across a couple of pitbulls in need of rescue in the past but didn't know where to turn. She sent me an e-mail today with an update...the bird (Lovey-Dovey) is doing well, eating and drinking and she expects it to make a full recovery. She also told me she would let me know when she releases it, in case I wanted to be there!

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 07:59 PM
Princess in Waiting

Hooray! I always love to hear the success stories!!

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 06:52 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aww, that's very sweet of her!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!