Bruno is dead! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in the Wild Want to share something about a wild or endangered animal? Look here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
I Dream Of Tan Title Fairies

Angry Bruno is dead!

JJ1 or Bruno Bear, as people called him, has been shot today at 5:00 h local time. The brown bear was the first sighted in Germany since 170 years. When Bruno first showed up in the Austrian-German border aria, local politicians welcomed him enthusiastically. But then the bear did what bears do, he went for prey. After opening stables and killing several sheep, he was declared to be to dangerous to stay around. An intervention of the local WWF bureau let to the decision to try catching the bear alive first. Hunters from Finland with special trained dogs were called. They got a week to drive him to a special trap or stun him. But clever, stupid Bruno always managed it to escape them. When the unsuccessful hunters were pulled back on Sunday, Bruno’s fate was sealed.

Yes, a brown bear is dangerous. Nevertheless I think, the local authorities were to “over careful”. The bear usually fled from people. The only damage done were the killed sheep. The farmers were compensated for their loss.

The bear was wild, free, uncontrollable! To my mind, that’s the reason Bruno was feared.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

He knows the darkness and the light
The heavens and the sea
A horn we raise in welcome to
The god of ecstasy..."

Diana L. Paxson

Rest peacefully,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 05:02 PM

That's so sad. Animals just have fewer and fewer places to go. RIP Bruno.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 06:20 PM

poor bruno, RIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 07:20 PM

I just saw this on MSNBC What a horrible thing to happen
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 01:30 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

I kept hoping they would go for trapping it like they were asked and releasing it back in Italy or whatever they were talking about, to hear they took this action makes me sad...

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley