Bug!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in the Wild Want to share something about a wild or endangered animal? Look here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Stinky Liverbrain

Bug!!!

On my ceiling! LOL... I trapped it and here is a picture... for those of you that like this kind of stuff... I don't... lol.

Here is where I set him free on the balcony...

Dimaris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 01:17 AM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

oh wow that a really cool looking bug... AS long its not on me and less then 5 feet away from me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 09:30 AM
Suffers from Title Envy

thats pretty creepy looking. any idea what it is?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Stinky Liverbrain

LOL, Ariel... one of the reasons I took it out of my room before going to bed... don't want it loose while I'm asleep...

ratty_ratkins, Matt (furryscaly) should come more often here and answer posts... he told me that "It's a beetle from the family Cerambycidae. The family includes long-horned beetles, wood borers, and sawers. They usually eat rotting wood." I have no idea... lol.

Dimaris

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 05:17 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Red face

Umm its really cute looking! Actually I dont like insects that much but he is interesting!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 09:46 PM
Princess in Waiting

Interesting.....but bugs aren't exactly my favorite creatures. Was working in an aviary once and turned around and had nearly run into the web of a banana spider. I quickly turned my camera on him them ran away! Me? Chicken? Yep!!

Critter

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Stinky Liverbrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crittercall
I quickly turned my camera on him them ran away! Me? Chicken? Yep!!
I usually try to act braver than I am... I don't like insects... but I trap them in bowls, or whatever I have and I've even taken some with my own hands! Once I was at my aunts house and one of my sisters say "look, a katydid" and I say "where?" and when I look to where she's pointing, the thing landed on my glasses... My other sister jumped from her chair and almost falls over trying to run away. I just stayed there stunned with the insect on my glasses, then I took the glasses off, grabbed the little guy and put it on a plant far from where we were sitting. It all happened quite quickly, and I think I didn't even noticed what I've done till after I did it... lol.

Dimaris

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 12:40 AM
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padfoot
Matt (furryscaly) should come more often here and answer posts... he told me that "It's a beetle from the family Cerambycidae. The family includes long-horned beetles, wood borers, and sawers. They usually eat rotting wood." I have no idea... lol.
lol, yeah yeah, I know. I usually check here every day, but I've been busy lately. lol, I'd post more often, but I don't have much input when it comes to G pigs, rabbits, etc. I think everyone here needs to get a reptile or a bug, and then I'll post more

Hey, it's better than Slimyfeathery, right?

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 06:41 AM
Princess in Waiting

You were tricked BAD, Padfoot! I hope the necessary revenge is in order!!

Scaley w/fur (there is medication for that you know!), when you live in FL and sometimes turn on the light in the middle of the night to find Palmetto bugs as big as taxi cabs running amok in your house -- well, it just makes me turn "girly"! They are so monstrous big, and don't seem to want to make friends at all - so I'm thinking that they are somewhat snobbish too! We have a deal. They stay in their place and I stay in Mine! However, I have become fond of my little anoles since being here. They are so cute, even if the make the cat and dogs hurl after being ingested.

Have a great day - stay cool!
Critter

CRITTERCALL

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 10:42 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

Yeah, if I saw that thing in my house, I'd be crushing it. Dan laughs at me when I squish the bugs. What can I say? I don't like 'em.

Karen

[

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 04:21 PM
Adolescent Pup

ICK!!! I'm so gald that wasn't in my house!!!!
I hate bugs!! Icky!!! I dont like to squish them though cuz it leaves a mark on the carpet/wall/whater to remind me it was once there...(secretly i'm afraid if i get close enough to mush it, it will attack me!!! )
I perfer to use the sweeper with the long hose attached...then suck up a bunch of other stuff (normally chin poo since we always have some of that laying around) to make sure it can crawl back out!!!

You are much braver than me to capture that thing and set him free...any bug in my house is a dead bug!!!

~Misty~

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Princess in Waiting

My Mom and Dad were visiting once and a tiny baby lizard had come into the house. I was trying to find something to scoop him into to put him back outside and my Mom was yelling for me to step on it. UGH!!! I love all my little lizard buddies that live outside and just couldn't imagine stepping on one. (In FL no one believes in insulation when they build a house AND it doesn't seem to matter if there is enough room for a lizard to sneak under the front door.)

Critter

CRITTERCALL

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 07:25 PM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

Neato ! I love creepy-crawlies .... all but tarantulas (IMO, spiders should not have hair)

We have a shortage of "interesting" bugs here in Ohio. So, by all means, keep the neato bug pics coming !
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 07:35 PM
Princess in Waiting

Be glad to trap you some of the real things and send 'em to you!! (Not really - afraid they might not make the trip in the hot weather. But I HATE the palmetto bugs and would gladly send you all I could find!)

Critter

CRITTERCALL

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Stinky Liverbrain

LOL, I would send you any bugs I find too... lol.

Dimaris