Coqui - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in the Wild Want to share something about a wild or endangered animal? Look here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Stinky Liverbrain

Coqui

Yup, another one got into my room... lol..

I was in my couch and my sister was exiting my room, and she looks at the crab tank while walking out and tells me "what's that? You have a frog in there?!?!?!" and I was like "no... those are crabs, you silly" and she was like "no, that's a frog, come and see!" and she was right, it was a coqui hanging out in the fern I have in there... How he got in there, I have no idea... the tank has a wire mesh lid... but still...

I just took the pic, catched him and put him out. 8)

And in case anyone wants to know... here is a link to a small clip that demonstrate the coqui's song. 8)

http://www.dylia.com/coquies.au

Hope you like it... that's how it sound around my house at night... LOL.. combined with cricket sounds and some other night sounds... lol

Dimaris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 09:10 AM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

What a cute froggie! Although I think I'd rather enjoy them outside.
They sound like little birds!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 09:33 AM
User Is No Longer Welcome

Cute picture! Do they get in your room a lot? Nothing fun like that happens to me, although when my mom first moved into her house out in the country, I was spending the night and when I woke up there was a deer right outside the window. I see them everywhere but not that close. It was pretty neat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Stinky Liverbrain

Yup, they get into my room a lot... as do the anoles and the house geckos... there's a loose house gecko right now that I haven't been able to catch.
Actually, I get pretty excited whenever I see one, Natalie... I really like them. And so you get an idea of their size, that where he's standing is the rim of the 10g tank (the crab tank) and that frog is an adult. 8)

I saw a baby coqui once... it was about 3/4 of a centimeter. CUTE!!! I didn't had my camera with me at that time, though... 8(

Dimaris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 10:19 AM
Aspires to Change Oil

Oh, lol, silly mischevious little bugger. I like their song. Its real pretty and it makes sense to call them Coqui when they sound like that.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 05:42 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

So cute! I love frogs .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 07:16 PM
Adolescent Pup

He wanted a mommy too! hehe...he's very cute and it's amazing how animals get into places.

Sherry

Mommy to 10
's

2 Kitties

3 doggies

1 fish

1 snake

1 iguana and 2 geckos

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

He's SO cute!
He saw what a nice set-up those crabs had and wanted to get in on having a fancy new house with a mom who serves you dinner!
Smart little froggy!

Adoption. Is the living option.
Can't Afford The Vet? Can't Afford the Pet!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Adolescent Pup

He is too cutee, i probably would have had a hard time letting him go.

Lois Isabel

Tags
wire mesh